A simple introduction.

whitetiger

Hello to the LDS forum members! :)

My name is Tim, and I am a 22 y/o young man. I'm a christian who is on fire for God.

I am not a mormon, but I am very intrigued by the mormon belief system and I have studied off and on with various mormon missionaries over the years as I've moved from place to place.

I'm interested in making more mormon friends on this site so that I can find out more about the system of belief as well as how the church is organized. One thing that I find very attractive is how organized the mormon church is, so if anyone could especially help me understand more about how the church is organized, etc. I would find that to be most helpful.

But yea, overall I'm here just to make friends and to learn.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you'd like to get to know me more and are interested in being my friend. It's a bit easier to do it that way than out in the open public forum.

I'm looking forward to my time here getting to know you guys.

Blessings to each one of you! :)

great! haha, yea don't let the whole tiger thing scare you. I've just been fascinated with big cats ever since I was a young boy, and eventually white tigers became a favorite, so it kinda just stuck as a good online username. :)

I'll shoot you a message, we can chat more there. :)

Hiya Tim. I'm new here myself. But welcome.

I have been a member of the L.D.S. faith for years. So any questions I might be able to answer I'd be glad to try and do.

As far as how the Church is organized, I also find that to be a nice feature. We do believe God is an organized God, and that His Church here on earth should reflect that same component.

Being that the leadership of the Church is a lay minisrty, organization is paramount for things to function as well as they do.

When you consider that most of the efforts put forth come from volunteers, it really is quite amazing to see how well the Church operates.

But then again if you look at the teachings of the Master (especially concerning love, service, and charity) it is kind of neat to see folks living those principles and not just giving them lip service.