Miracle

musashi

Miracles do happen on Earth today and to increadible degrees!

In one of my churches a woman was spontaneiously cured of cancer. Literally over night.

We all prayed for her and the doctor found no evidence of the cancer he had seen a few days before. She was diagnosed as terminal but now is a free woman.

I have also heard of other medical miracles such as hearts being repaired miraculously.

There are even accounts of a saint who lost his hand. He prayed about it and a new one grew from where the last once was.

In my very town there have been evangelical miracles.

About 70 years ago there was a sudden surge of Christian converts in my town. Churches started to spring out as over three thousand people became converted.

There are also sentimental miracles like the crying statues of Mary (I have never seen one of those so I can't be certain on it).

There are many records of Christian icons which have poured myrhh from the eyes, as though tears. The Myrhh was used to cure people and they were cured.

I have experianced personal miracles. Miracles of evangelism, learning and even had visions.

Just because something is old, does not mean it doesn't happen anymore.

Jesus is no longer walking on our Earth but he is still among us.

He has trampled down death and all affliction.

God is the same today, yesterday and tomorrow.

Miracles are not of men but of God.

Guest ApostleKnight

Why are miracles not performed in a similar way today?

Christos provided several good examples (though I don't buy into the crying statues and seeing the virgin's face in a grilled-cheese sandwich and so forth).

From the history of the LDS church itself there are tons of miracles...if you have time you should read through the official History of the Church (available at most every church bookstore). I'm certain miracles happen to every age, race, ethnicity and religion. While I believe the LDS church has a fulness of truth, I don't think we're the only ones to have miracles happen.

So Christos, I was in Hawaii a couple days ago for one of my brother's weddings. He left the LDS church and has joined the Eastern Orthodox Church. Anyway, his wife is Methodist so they had a Methodist wedding, then the next day they had an Eastern Orthodox wedding at the Saints Helen and Constantinte Parish on Oahu. For what it's worth, if I wasn't LDS I'd be Eastern Orthodox (the closest thing to the New Testament church short of a restoration).

miracles....if you could talk to my mother, she would tell you i am her miracle baby. about 10 yrs ago, just before i turned 30, she told me a story.

i was born about a month or so premature, after my mother had had 3 stillborn boys before me. I was kept in an incubator for a while. during my first year, i was in the hospital several times with pneumonia. One time,(not sure exactly how old i was), the doctors told her i would not live thru the night. someone called Priesthood holders from church to give me a blessing. when they arrived, the hospital refused to take me out of the incubator, as they did not want to cause me to die. my mother had to argue with them for awhile, before they finally agreed, after she signed a release for them to do so. I was given a blessing, and put back in the incubator. The next morning, the doctor was amazed that there was NO SIGN of pnuemonia at all. and obviously, i lived.

Now then, I dont remember any of this myself, but when she told me this, i knew in my heart that it was a true testimony of the power of the Priesthood.

Guest Monica

Jhn 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

I have witnessed biblical type miracles. They still happen today as in bible days, In the mighty name of JESUS!

Ask and you shall recieve. Always give Him the glory!

Jhn 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do [it].

I have witnessed biblical type miracles. They still happen today as in bible days, In the mighty name of JESUS!

Ask and you shall recieve. Always give Him the glory!

I do absolutly give credit to Christ for he miracles he has worked in my life, and I know they are many. Like the time I had my motorcycle wreck...before helmet laws,...took place in front of a hospital with a dr on the sidewalk right there. nobody can convince me He wasn't looking out for me then, either.