LDS from Philippines

Hello Everyone,

Happy Mother's Day from the Philippines!

My name is Marlon. I've been a member of the church since 2005. I have served my mission here in our country and afterwards married my eternal companion in the Philippines Manila Temple.

I currently serve as an Elders Quorum President in our branch.

It's a humbling experience to become a member of His church and be able to serve His children here on Earth.

I am looking forward to learn a lot from this community, to strengthen and to be strengthened.

God bless.

Marlon

Welcome to the board, Marlon! It's nice to make your acquaintance here.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what's it like being a Latter-day Saint in the Philippines, given the prevailing religious culture there?

Welcome to the board, Marlon! It's nice to make your acquaintance here.

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what's it like being a Latter-day Saint in the Philippines, given the prevailing religious culture there?

Well, since Philippines is the only Christian country in Asia, we enjoy the freedom to participate in whatever religious activities we want to. On the other hand, Filipinos are very religious in nature and so public debates on religious issues is very common here. And the Church, as what happens in any part of the world I guess, gets a lot of attention from these sectarian groups.

Interesting, thank you very much. :) I think I'd find the public religious debates to be fairly interesting. Are Latter-day Saints fairly active participants in those?

For a while now I've been sort of wondering what the situation of the LDS Church is like in the Philippines, what with an extremely predominant Roman Catholic society on the one hand and competing groups like the Iglesia ni Cristo on the other.

Kumusta, Marlon!

Bisaya from Cebu represented! ;)

Katatapos ko lang panu-od sa Pacquiao/Mosely fight. Hanep talaga nang manok natin! Mabuhay kababayan!

Kumusta, Marlon!

Bisaya from Cebu represented! ;)

Katatapos ko lang panu-od sa Pacquiao/Mosely fight. Hanep talaga nang manok natin! Mabuhay kababayan!

Haha..mao pug lagi ako nadunggan daug daw Pacquaio. purte ra jud namo tawong gamaya sa Sacrament Meeting ganina. Taga Davao ko. Karun August puhon adto mi Cebu City Temple sa ako wife.