Does the Priesthood run through the matriarch

Avrham

Hello I am just wondering someone mentioned something interesting to me the other day that if your mother is Jewish then your Jewish regardless of the father background is this true?

and if its true does mothers blood line means the Priesthood goes through the mothers line as well? just wondering

:) kinds regards Avrham

Hello I am just wondering someone mentioned something interesting to me the other day that if your mother is Jewish then your Jewish regardless of the father background is this true?

and if its true does mothers blood line means the Priesthood goes through the mothers line as well? just wondering

In modern Judaism, well, since late talmudic times, Judaism was through matrilineal descent. Your tribal identity, however, is through your father's line. For example, our Persian Jewish neighbours were cohens, though their mother was not.

Also, the Talmud records R. Judah the Patriarch as saying if the Babylonian Exlirach immigrated to Israel, then he'd step down as patriarch, because he is only from Judah on his mother's side.

Avrham,

True the tribal identity comes from the fathers line; and in the Orthodox and Conservative Jewish movements, a person is determined to be Jewish if their mother is Jewish. However, in more modern and liberal Jewish movements a person can be considered Jewish if their father is Jewish regardless of the mother, such as in Reform Judaism.

That being said, being born a Jew does not necessarily mean that one is practicing Judaism; and among both the religion and the culture there are varying opinions.

I saw a hillarious video of a guy with a camera going undercover and trying to join the KKK. Things were going swimmingly until he told them his mother was Jewish, but "he never even went to synogogue or anything". Before they kicked him out because 'his mother was a daughter of the beast', he asked them if he married a non-Jewish girl and had a kid, could that kid join the KKK. They said that would be ok. It honestly never dawned on them.

I saw a hillarious video of a guy with a camera going undercover and trying to join the KKK. Things were going swimmingly until he told them his mother was Jewish, but "he never even went to synogogue or anything". Before they kicked him out because 'his mother was a daughter of the beast', he asked them if he married a non-Jewish girl and had a kid, could that kid join the KKK. They said that would be ok. It honestly never dawned on them.

hahaha yeah I saw that really funny how the KKK discribed the lineage thing and then interviewer asked about why there isn't Jewish kkk being half Jewish might work getting in though, I notice the Picture of Christ(the inspired LDS version):):):)hanging up in the background