Car Trip

Breaking

sometimes it can be hard for parents to accept their kids are growing up. I recall some issues that came up in our ward when the youth all became ysa. We would plan activities and members (mostly the parents) would ask "who are the adults supervising this activity?"..... ummmm we are...... that transition can be hard. Sometimes you have to just stand up and be an adult and make your decision if you know you are safe and aren't doing anything wrong.

at the same time, there are things those that have been before you see that we sometimes can't. It's wise to hear him out and really listen and not just decide he's wrong. sometimes even as adults we don't listen to the outside perspective that could save us from a lot of heart ache.

only you know which situation applies here.

Sorry if you were offended by my comment about drinking. I grew up on the beach and if someone made it a point to say someone was 21 or over it had to do with being legal to buy booze. that's just where my mind goes. lol

sometimes it can be hard for parents to accept their kids are growing up. I recall some issues that came up in our ward when the youth all became ysa. We would plan activities and members (mostly the parents) would ask "who are the adults supervising this activity?"..... ummmm we are...... that transition can be hard. Sometimes you have to just stand up and be an adult and make your decision if you know you are safe and aren't doing anything wrong.

at the same time, there are things those that have been before you see that we sometimes can't. It's wise to hear him out and really listen and not just decide he's wrong. sometimes even as adults we don't listen to the outside perspective that could save us from a lot of heart ache.

only you know which situation applies here.

Sorry if you were offended by my comment about drinking. I grew up on the beach and if someone made it a point to say someone was 21 or over it had to do with being legal to buy booze. that's just where my mind goes. lol

No offense taken.

I put in a random date of birth since I could care less what it comes up as. I don't know why you find my date of birth an issue? I change it if you find it that hard to move past.

-

It just makes me wonder about your honesty. You are on an LDS forum. Not sure why you think you'd need a random DOB. But to each his own.

You've gotten good advice. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck with your mission.

Guest LiterateParakeet

It just makes me wonder about your honesty. You are on an LDS forum. Not sure why you think you'd need a random DOB. But to each his own.

It may be an LDS forum, but it is also an open forum that anyone can access...most of us don't even give our real names, so why is it a big deal to give your real DOB? I never give my real DOB on line...I like to keep things that are used to prove my identity private.

It may be an LDS forum, but it is also an open forum that anyone can access...most of us don't even give our real names, so why is it a big deal to give your real DOB? I never give my real DOB on line...I like to keep things that are used to prove my identity private.

Its tough to give age appropriate advice if you aren't a bit open about who you are.

Edited by applepansy

You've gotten good advice. I hope it all works out for you. Good luck with your mission.

With all due respect, it has nothing to do with 'honesty'. Who am I lying to? And WHY do you care so much about such a small detail?