anybody taken alma 37:37 literally before?

kayne

ok so in my readings and ponderings i stumbled onto this verse

37 aCounsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for bgood; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the cmorning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

so well anyway i prayed about confused about parts it especially the lie down unto The Lord part. but whatever i rolled with it and committed to asking for these 3 things each night.

well after a couple of nights i still wasnt wrapping my head around but i was still seeking after it. finnally it clicked. you should when you sleep want to Lie with or next to The Lord as you sleep this goes hand and hand with asking him to watch you over as sleep. and typically the person you sleep next to you will be even more thankful for.

so i finnally figured it out. and have for the past week or so maybe 10 days been asking for these 3 things each night. i have noticed it seems like He is right there laying in bed next to me. i feel comfortable and not alone as i sleep. i am gradually waking up more thankful. and my sleep when i do get it appears to be restful and peaceful now.

im also trying to counsel with The Lord in everything now. small little big medium everything not just big things.(sorry forgot about this part when i typed the above part of my post lol)

i suppose i ask has anyone else does this? had similar experiences? my feelings when praying about it were its a rare request and a noble request. and i have to say the results and improvements to myself in a week or so's time are rather great.

"lifted up at the last day" - there's something I could use... I wake up to the news blasting from the radio, it's usually some horrible depressing story - I guess I should set the alarm to just beep instead of the radio :(

yes exactly. it says do these 4 things and lifted up at the last day will be your reward. it sounds simple enough with a reward i think we all want. so thats my point really

i have noticed i am even in a half asleep waking up state i am somehow remebering more stuff to be thankful for granted it might be more if i ever could be one of those folks that can wake up fully alert in 2 minutes lol.

I marked this verse while I was on my mission over twenty years ago and have applied so many times in my life. I confess that I don't always pray any more like I should, but when I am "continually drawn out" in prayer, I do feel at peace. I have had very powerful answers to prayers before and gratitude and humility is a huge factor. Great thread!

I have done this many times, though not as often as I should. One thing I've noticed in my own life is when I am in counsel with the Lord, my family and I are blessed immensely. However, when I stray from that, I often find myself in very uncomfortable situations that usually force me to humble myself before God to get out of it successfully. Needless to say, I try very hard not to stray to often.