Large Hadron Collider: 95% probability that physics is wrong. Like, all of it.

Spartan117

Creation theory may be wrong; collider hasn't found 'God particle' | Deseret News

On August 22, CERN scientists announced that, in the energy ranges they have searched (145 to 466 billion electron volts) "the Higgs boson is excluded as a possibility with a 95 percent probability," Scientific American reported.

Kaku explained the importance of the God particle this way in a radio interview, "If we don't find the Higgs boson we are in deep trouble. We are in deep doo-doo. The reason is that the subatomic particles in the Standard Model are the basis, the foundation of everything we know about the Big Bang, everything we know about the universe, cosmic rays (and) black holes. So if that theory is wrong, then we are really in trouble. It means we have to throw out what is called the Standard Model — and even string theory would be in danger because string theory also has a Higgs boson. Steve Hawking, my colleague, said, "Well, if we don't find the Higgs boson things would be very interesting.' No. It will be a disaster if we don't find Higgs boson, because basically the entire edifice of modern physics depends upon it."

Modern technology is great.

There is a lot we don't know about science. Their beliefs and findings are changing everyday. I just get upset when I believe they are using science to be deceptive i.e. evolution and big bang theory. I also do not believe at all that the center of the Earth is molten core. I actually believe it is a hollow. The Earth could operate perfectly fine being a hollow. I know mainstream scientists definitely disagree but the intellects mostly are wrong when it comes to things so complex as the human mind and the universe. Plus I believe I can prove that it is hollow through Bible and the earlier Apostles and Prophets.

Either way, we are fairly "dumb" in relation to how God operates on all scales. There is an older prophecy that was in an Ensign that described how easily we will understand complex things such as chemistry. Time for bed.

. The Earth could operate perfectly fine being a hollow. I know mainstream scientists definitely disagree but the intellects mostly are wrong when it comes to things so complex as the human mind and the universe. Plus I believe I can prove that it is hollow through Bible and the earlier Apostles and Prophets.

Welcome. I believe that I can prove that alien dentists sneak into my room at night and secret fix my teeth.

How come I never see you at the weekly meetings for Hopelessly Nutty Professors of North America? We start promptly at 7:00pm.

"Scientists have long accepted the existence of the Higgs (God) particle as being present in everything around us but cannot yet prove that it exists physically. The way matter behaves and interacts is proof enough of its existence. They accept its existence based on 'faith' that it exists."

I'll be the first to admit I'm far and away from any advanced physics class at school, but I've found several articles where this is explained in simple terms, and that quote above from the article is pretty accurate from what I can understand. I will have no problem yielding to anyone who does understand this stuff, my wikipedia education only goes so far.

I just struggle with the idea that our entire model for physics lives and dies with an imaginary particle that was designed to fill in missing spots of information we don't currently have, and to make the math work. I just can't find the part in the outline of the scientific method that tells you to make stuff up as you go along for whatever you can't figure out, then create a model for an entire field of science based on the stuff you made up. This doesn't seem right to me.

Welcome. I believe that I can prove that alien dentists sneak into my room at night and secret fix my teeth.

How come I never see you at the weekly meetings for Hopelessly Nutty Professors of North America? We start promptly at 7:00pm.

It's OK. I understand that most minds can't comprehend real truth. This is why many members become torn between "science" and Church doctrine. ;)

The Earth DOES NOT have a molten core. That's bologna.

This article seems more hype than anything. First, there's still a lot of energy levels left to search, and people have been working on several models that don't include the Higgs Boson for a while now. I guess this is how science works: make a model, test it, and if it doesn't work try something else. Repeat the process until you have a model that (mostly) accurately describes whatever part of the universe you're looking at. Use the model to learn yourself some knowledge. :)

Besides, did the world end when Einstein (and a bunch of other people whose names I can't pronounce) came along and proved the Newtonian physics model wrong? No, we just came up with a better one.

Also, please don't threadjack.

It's OK. I understand that most minds can't comprehend real truth. This is why many members become torn between "science" and Church doctrine. ;)

The Earth DOES NOT have a molten core. That's bologna.

I didn't believe it the first time you said it but now that you said it TWO times, I'm convinced.

Thank you.

Guest Godless

Galileo found himself in a similar conflict with church doctrine. Oh wait, your theory has no doctrinal basis.

The fact is, there is no reason why modern physics and biology should be undermined by religious beliefs. The two can be perfectly compatible.