Is Explicit Music Bad?

LDSk8r890

Forgive me...but it seems to me, that you ask questions not to get our advice, but for us to tell you what you want to hear. So from now on, that's what I'll tell you :)

I say this because I never said Linkin Park was bad, I never implied it was music you shouldn't listen to, I was only giving you something to judge the music you listen to for yourself. Don't ask for advice if you don't want to hear what others have to say.

Originally posted by LDSk8r890@Mar 5 2004, 10:01 PM

Because explicit means just OUT THERE and they dont hold anything back. Must be for the parts like: Sometimes I feel like SHREDDING UP MYSELF

Skater

I don't knopw what shredding up yourself means where you come from, but here in America, it is a reference to suicide.

I think Lincol park saounds like NSYNC. In other words they really bite. I refer to lincoln park as "sell out punk" You need to get a Bad Religion cd. Or sex pistols, they rock. But this avril levine crap must be thrown out.

Originally posted by LDSk8r890@Mar 10 2004, 07:05 AM

All right. Not a good idea. Sex Pistols. Think of their name. No, I don't think that's great music either. Maby you should try Led Zeppelin if u like Sex Pistols. Or yes (that's the band name), or the who

I have all the Led Zepplin and some of the Who. Sex Pistol music is not that bad. You are just getting turned off by the name. One group you should go for, to get that happy go lucky feeling is a little REO Speedwagon, or Styx.

Originally posted by AFDaw@Mar 5 2004, 09:33 PM

If Christ came to your house would you say "Hey, listen to this new Linkin Park cd I bought!"?

No,

But neither would I say "Hey, listen to this new Barry Manilow cd (which I don't have) and I certainly wouldn't offer to play Brittney Spears or N'Sync or Back Street Boys or... lot's of other dribble I don't have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

it depends on how it makes you feel. again i say that its just personal. I listen to a lot of music that talks about disdain, suicide, hate, sex, idolitry. You know who I listen to a lot? Jewel. Her first album- I love it. She was real. She was being real about how life really is. I consider it beutiful. If Jesus came to my house I would say "Jesus, listen to this. I think it is such a beautiful representation of the world- with all its sin and injustice." The point is, when im through all 13 tracks, I dont feel depressed, I feel like Ive realized how much we all need to work on stuff. You shouldnt listen to negative music, but you dont have to listne to music about rainbows and bunnies, either.