Volgadon?

Justice

Volgadon, I think it was you that helped me understand that "way" may be the Bible terminology for "plan." Looking at those scriptures in this new light really helped me a lot with something I was studying.

What I'd like to know now is what the Bible may use for the term "intelligences." Could you look that up in your brain somewhere and help me again?

Thanks, friend, I really appreciate it.

It goes without saying that all are certainly free to respond if they have insight.

Volgadon, I think it was you that helped me understand that "way" may be the Bible terminology for "plan." Looking at those scriptures in this new light really helped me a lot with something I was studying.

What I'd like to know now is what the Bible may use for the term "intelligences." Could you look that up in your brain somewhere and help me again?

It goes without saying that all are certainly free to respond if they have insight.

So far, the closes that I've found is Aristotle, but I'll take another look.

I would suggest "light" or "light and/of truth" and a carful reading of Creation - day 1 and day 4.

The Traveler

After my searching and study on this, I have to agree with Traveler. I'm fairly certain that "light and truth" can take the place of "intelligence" and probably do so in many places in the Bible.

D&C 130:18 "The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth."

D&C 93:29 "Man was also in the beginning with God. Intelligence, or the light of truth, was not created or made, neither indeed can be."

I tried going to dictionaries to find a possible answer as well and came up with "spirit", though this didn't quite seem to fit on further study. I think "light" and "truth" are the most accurate.

There is a connection between light and intelligence, but the way "intelligences" is used in the BoA corresponds more to the essential portion of the soul. I'm looking for the equivalent(s) in the Bible.

As I said - check out day one of creation in Genesis and then understand the difference in light concerning day 4 of creation. Thus the work of G-d is a great Chiasm that begins in creation (day 1) with the “separating” of light from darkness and ends at the great Judgment of G-d in the “separating” of light from darkness.

The Traveler

As I said - check out day one of creation in Genesis and then understand the difference in light concerning day 4 of creation. Thus the work of G-d is a great Chiasm that begins in creation (day 1) with the “separating” of light from darkness and ends at the great Judgment of G-d in the “separating” of light from darkness.

The Traveler

I very recently did quite a bit of research into the interpretations of the light of the 1st day. Despite the symbolical nature of light, the word doesn't function in a similar way to "intelligence" in the BoA.