Multiple wives?

Seminarysnoozer

Guest Magen_Avot

These are great questions. I think we have to ponder about these things as the answers aren't really that clear. Let me remind you though that there are billions of people that will be in the Celestial Kingdom that did not have an opportunity to marry in this life.

Think about all who died before the age of 8. Think about those who have Down's syndrome where the prevalence amongst males is slightly higher than females about 125:100 ratio. Down's occurs in about 1 out of every 1000 live births. If you look at the population today of 6.97 billion people on the earth, if my math is correct, that means there are 6 million, 970 thousand people automatically in the celestial kingdom, the majority of which are male. And if my math is correct, there are about 59 million deaths before the age of 8 for our current population alone (this isn't going back all the years through the history of the world).

So, now we have roughly 65 million people with close to the same ratio of men to women in the Celestial Kingdom for our era alone, where the number of people in the church is just over 14 million, just to put that into perspective. ... and this isn't adding all the other diseases that cause a person to qualify for automatic Celestial Kingdom status.

I don't think there is going to be a shortage of pairs.

I so don't like getting into numbers. :huh: (not my strong suite ^_^) But after 7 quarters of math, one qtr of statistics and one qtr of business math I know that they can say whatever we want. I know your calculations are just a quick run down but they don't account for the propensity for women to be more righteous than men,... (if that can ever be proven,... might just be heresay regardless). But I do understand your point and accept you and it.

I recognize that everyone of us have our own (and often) unique points of view, which often links to our experiences. I think an often overlooked observation about any revelation, that we can discuss, is that it is just a window of the moment and does not reflect 100% of the reality of/in heaven or it may just be symbolic. I also shy away from statements that don't start with "Thus sayeth the Lord". I honestly believe that every single person will be blown away at what we find on the other side of the veil. I really like to try to keep an open mind but I know that this is less true than I would hope.

It seems by your responses that you are not really getting the answer(s) you're looking for (maybe that is the answer?). Beyond D&C 107 I don't believe there are any answers. So while we may not share much common ground on beliefs/faith of the great beyond (unless you count not really knowing) you have been very engaging with everyone and I really admire that. We should not be persuaded by the "arm of flesh" anyway, but if our minds are worked then we have benefited... and so I am and hope the same for you.

Edited by Magen_Avot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so don't like getting into numbers. :huh: (not my strong suite ^_^) But after 7 quarters of math, one qtr of statistics and one qtr of business math I know that they can say whatever we want. I know your calculations are just a quick run down but they don't account for the propensity for women to be more righteous than men,... (if that can ever be proven,... might just be heresay regardless). But I do understand your point and accept you and it.

I recognize that everyone of us have our own (and often) unique points of view, which often links to our experiences. I think an often overlooked observation about any revelation, that we can discuss, is that it is just a window of the moment and does not reflect 100% of the reality of/in heaven or it may just be symbolic. I also shy away from statements that don't start with "Thus sayeth the Lord". I honestly believe that every single person will be blown away at what we find on the other side of the veil. Perhaps the Seers and Revelators will be the most shocked. I really like to try to keep an open mind but I know that this is less true than I would hope.

It seems by your responses that you are not really getting the answer(s) you're looking for (maybe that is the answer?). Beyond D&C 107 I don't believe there are any answers. So while we may not share much common ground on beliefs/faith of the great beyond (unless you count not really knowing) you have been very engaging with everyone and I really admire that. We should not be persuaded by the "arm of flesh" anyway, but if our minds are worked then we have benefited... and so I am and hope the same for you.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments. I realized there probably wouldn't be a direct answer but I am sometimes surprised at what I learn on this forum, if not from others comments but just the fact that I have to 'research' and ponder my own answers. I think that is a positive thing in the end.

I think if God intended to have multiple wives as part of the plan then that would have been worked into how many spirits were around before this life and if He intended there to be even numbers that will be the case. I don't think, however, the number is entirely random and if there are more women there then He would allow for multiple wives just because of the numbers of pairs. Having the right number of pairs or not, will not be the problem for which polygamy is the answer. It will be intentional and for very important reasons either way. At least, in my limited, biased view I can't think of one reason why God wouldn't plan on having an even number of men and women make it into the Celestial Kingdom. Judgement is based on what is given and what is expected. What is expected from men and women differ but will be taken into account in the final formulation for what is determined "righteousness". (Even though, as a woman, I would like to think women are more righteous, I don't have the ability to see all the variables, i.e. - what does testosterone versus estrogen do to judgement etc.)

As I said above, though, I think the number of Celestial bound members of the church, men and women, pale to the number that make it there automatically from death before the age of 8 and other diseases that have a 1:1 ratio of men to women. The argument of more women in heaven than men seems unlikely to me.

Think about all who died before the age of 8. Think about those who have Down's syndrome where the prevalence amongst males is slightly higher than females about 125:100 ratio. Down's occurs in about 1 out of every 1000 live births. If you look at the population today of 6.97 billion people on the earth, if my math is correct, that means there are 6 million, 970 thousand people automatically in the celestial kingdom, the majority of which are male. And if my math is correct, there are about 59 million deaths before the age of 8 for our current population alone (this isn't going back all the years through the history of the world).

So, now we have roughly 65 million people with close to the same ratio of men to women in the Celestial Kingdom for our era alone, where the number of people in the church is just over 14 million, just to put that into perspective. ... and this isn't adding all the other diseases that cause a person to qualify for automatic Celestial Kingdom status. ...... SeminarySnoozer

About equality in numbers, long time back we had reason to talk to doctors about birth defects. We were told that a disproportionate number of male babies, during pregnancy after birth die. For some reason females were able to live through the same circumstances that male babies would die from. Maybe that has something to do with women having a longer life span as well. Anyway, wonder how that affects your pairings?

Guest Magen_Avot

So, now we have roughly 65 million people with close to the same ratio of men to women in the Celestial Kingdom for our era alone, where the number of people in the church is just over 14 million, just to put that into perspective. ... and this isn't adding all the other diseases that cause a person to qualify for automatic Celestial Kingdom status. ...... SeminarySnoozer

About equality in numbers, long time back we had reason to talk to doctors about birth defects. We were told that a disproportionate number of male babies, during pregnancy after birth die. For some reason females were able to live through the same circumstances that male babies would die from. Maybe that has something to do with women having a longer life span as well. Anyway, wonder how that affects your pairings?

Ya never know.