Favor to ask

Ok, some of you have read my posts and know that I am a recent convert to the Church and am very happy in the decision I have made. So this past Sunday after Sacrament Meeting when I recieved a phone call asking me to speak at Satke Conference this comming Sunday I was excited, but I was also scared. I was excited because I get to sahre my story with the Stake, but I am scared because I am not comfortable speaking in front of (or even being in) a large group of people.

So the favor... Can I get prayers that I am able to speak the words that Heavenly Father needs me to speak, and that I don't freak out being in front of so many people???

Yes of course you can!

Just say a prayer and ask for the help that you need to carry out the assignment.

Make sure that you have written your talk down. What are you talking about, by the way?

The Stake asked me to speak at our Stake Conference just 5 months after I was baptised and I was nervous!! My talk was on "The Joy of the Gospel"

However, I did public speaking training so I will give you a tip -

When you stand to speak don't look directly at anyone. Focus on a point just above the head of the seated congregation, on the back wall and then just glance around every now and again. It will stop you from being interrupted in your thoughts whilst you are talking.

I am sure you will be just fine. You will be very aware of the Holy Ghost being present and the comfort that comes with that.

Let us know how you get on.

Hope all goes well

I've been a member for 46 years and I get scared speaking in Sacrament meeting. I've never been asked to talk at Stake Conference and I'd be petrified.

What is amazing about talking about the gospel even in front of a large crowd is that we are strengthened by the spirit.

Let us know how it goes.

Hidden

I've been a member for 46 years and I get scared speaking in Sacrament meeting. I've never been asked to talk at Stake Conference and I'd be petrified.

What is amazing about talking about the gospel even in front of a large crowd is that we are strengthened by the spirit.

Let us know how it goes.

Ok, some of you have read my posts and know that I am a recent convert to the Church and am very happy in the decision I have made. So this past Sunday after Sacrament Meeting when I recieved a phone call asking me to speak at Satke Conference this comming Sunday I was excited, but I was also scared. I was excited because I get to sahre my story with the Stake, but I am scared because I am not comfortable speaking in front of (or even being in) a large group of people.

So the favor... Can I get prayers that I am able to speak the words that Heavenly Father needs me to speak, and that I don't freak out being in front of so many people???

I would say think of them in their underwear, but maybe not. :D