Endowment requirement

durante_angelo

I haven't got my endowment yet and i want to make sure when it's even possible (I know about the worthiness and such). Some missionary pair told me i need to be a member for at least a year, my first bishop told me i needed to be 24 and my currently bishop tells me that i need to go for a mission or preparing a marriage before you can get your endowment so well... i'm i'm very confused in this case.

Can someone please answer this question for me?

The only one I'm sure of here is you must be a member for a year. I do understand that bishops/stake presidents/I'm not sure who else frown upon people going through on a lark at an early age, but as far as I can tell there is no hard and fast rule on age or mission/marriage plans.

The handbook rule is that a convert may receive his/her endowment one year after they are baptized and confirmed members of the church. However, some bishops and stake presidents feel that if you are young (earlier twenties or younger) you may have wait longer unless you are going on a mission or about to get married. The First Presidency has counseled that young, single members in their early twenties who are not about to serve a mission or be married should not go to the temple until they are older. This has been the subject of other threads on this forum. It usually depends, however, on what your bishop thinks and how he goes about the process.

• 2 weeks later...

I was 30 when I went, but have known single adults who were much younger. I knew a sister missionary, who went at 20, a full year before she put in for her mission because her bishop felt she was ready. Just guessing, but I would think that some in authority feel that some young people need a little maturity under their belt before making such big covenants. I don't know. I believe that you will know when you are ready and the Lord will help you do what you need to do to make it happen.