Traditional Christian Professor Says Mormons Obsessed with Jesus Christ

The Book of Mormon does obsess with Jesus Christ! In a very good way.

2 Nephi

24 And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we keep the law of Moses, and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled.

25 For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith; yet we keep the law because of the commandments.

26 And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins...

I believe the Book of Mormon to be a key commentary on Isaiah and his prophecies (The BoM is a fulfillment of some of Isaiah's prophecies). If you want to unlock what the world missed out on and is STILL missing out on the book of Isaiah, read the last four chapters in First Nephi, all of Second Nephi, Jacob 5 and 3 Nephi 20-26 (pay attention to v1-11 of ch 26). If only the world understood Isaiah, they would embrace the Book of Mormon and hunger to learn the simple mysteries within. Isaiah was looking at us.

Edited by skalenfehl

While this article is not "pro-LDS," the author repents of past condescension, and, from a traditional perspective, offers a benign analysis:

Article | First Things

Hey PrisonChaplain! Good to see you. I just hopped over from CF. Thought I'd give LDS.net a try. Glad there is one person here I know already!

God bless.

SBF

P.S. Thanks for the article.