Just Had My First Visit With The Missionaries.

Latter Days Guy

I've just had my first visit with the missionaries and they were very nice! What really surpised me was that neither of them where American, but both were British. I shouldn't be surprised really as the Elders who originally taught me 20 odd years ago where Australian and Kiwi natives. But I would have thought that at least one of them would be a yank!

Anyway they are coming back next tuesday and we are going to get down to some serious study. Should be interesting, and very informative. It just felt so right that they where here and I had that inner witness from the Holy Ghost that I was with a couple of people who really wanted to do our Heavenly Fathers work. I cannot wait till next week now :sparklygrin:

I've just had my first visit with the missionaries and they were very nice! What really surpised me was that neither of them where American, but both were British. I shouldn't be surprised really as the Elders who originally taught me 20 odd years ago where Australian and Kiwi natives. But I would have thought that at least one of them would be a yank!

Anyway they are coming back next tuesday and we are going to get down to some serious study. Should be interesting, and very informative. It just felt so right that they where here and I had that inner witness from the Holy Ghost that I was with a couple of people who really wanted to do our Heavenly Fathers work. I cannot wait till next week now :sparklygrin:

thats great!!! but im a little confused it says your already lds...so why r u meeting with the missionaries???

Well, I am a member but missed a few weeks from sacrement meeting.................... say 20 years :blush: So I've been thinking of coming back to the Church for a few months now and well after my accident I decided to get back in touch. Saw an add on the TV for the "Finding Faith in Christ" DVD and rang them up. My old bishop brought me the video and said the missionaries would call in a couple of days to get to know me and have a chat. Well three weeks later they phone and arrange to come round today :D

Well, I am a member but missed a few weeks from sacrement meeting.................... say 20 years

lol i can't count how many "inactives" i go visit and they say 'i was just there a couple of weeks ago' i'm like 'i've lived here 6yrs and never seen you before' lol

seriously though, that is wonderful GB-UK. i find that the missionarys bring a wonderful spirit to my home, even if it's just for dinners. lol i would encourage you to continue your search, and follow your heart and spirit.

good luck and God bless

Well, I am a member but missed a few weeks from sacrement meeting.................... say 20 years :blush: So I've been thinking of coming back to the Church for a few months now and well after my accident I decided to get back in touch. Saw an add on the TV for the "Finding Faith in Christ" DVD and rang them up. My old bishop brought me the video and said the missionaries would call in a couple of days to get to know me and have a chat. Well three weeks later they phone and arrange to come round today :D

thats great your going to come back...im sorry you had an accident though.