Kingdom in Heaven

Do we choose our own Kingdom in Heaven?

And if they be evil they are consigned to an awful view of their own guilt and abominations, which doth cause them to shrink from the presence of the Lord into a state of misery and endless torment, from whence they can no more return; therefore they have drunk damnation to their own souls.

I think all the Lord has us do is view our righteousness and evil then we will go to our appropriate kingdom. After seeing what we have done in this life, if we are evil, being in the presence of the Lord will be too much to bear. It is not that the Lord doesn't want all of us in his presence. It is through the choices we have made that we will not be able to bear it.

What does everyone think?

We choose our own kingdom only inasmuch as the law we live, and thus the kingdom we can accept through the degree of sanctification that has occurred through Christ, has the element of choosing, either in this life if the law is made known to us in this life or the next if it hasn't, following and seeking after the appropriate law.

21 And they who are not sanctified through the law which I have given unto you, even the law of Christ, must inherit another kingdom, even that of a terrestrial kingdom, or that of a telestial kingdom.

22 For he who is not able to abide the law of a celestial kingdom cannot abide a ccelestial glory.

23 And he who cannot abide the law of a terrestrial kingdom cannot abide a terrestrial glory.

24 And he who cannot abide the law of a telestial kingdom cannot abide a telestial glory; therefore he is not meet for a kingdom of glory. Therefore he must abide a kingdom which is not a kingdom of glory.

If we were to choose for ourselves I would wonder about all those great people who have served all their lives but just have never felt much self-worth. If they have little self-worth then they would perhaps choose a lesser kingdom than they really deserved.

In that case I disagree with the notion we choose our own kingdom.

I do believe that our actions will determine where we will spend eternity based on our heart, not on our actual actions. No pretending.

Ben Raines

I do believe that our actions will determine where we will spend eternity based on our heart, not on our actual actions. No pretending.

Ben Raines

I agree, desire is an important component of following celestial (or other I suppose) law. One will not be able to 'fake' their way into heaven by outward actions. It brings to mind:

3 And it is requisite with the justice of God that men should be judged according to their works; and if their works were good in this life, and the desires of their hearts were good, that they should also, at the last day, be restored unto that which is good.

And also:

24 And again, I say unto the poor, ye who have not and yet have sufficient, that ye remain from day to day; I mean all you who deny the beggar, because ye have not; I would that ye say in your hearts that: I give not because I have not, but if I had I would give.

Edited by Dravin