OT prophecy of Messiah being first to resurrect

In Acts 26:23, Paul says, "The prophets and Moses did say ... that Christ ... should be the first that should rise from the dead." I'm aware of Old Testament prophecies that imply that the Messiah would rise from the dead. But I can't find any that say he would be the first to rise from the dead. Can anyone point me to such a passage?

Guest Doctrine

a quick look in the topical guide says job 19:25, Dan 12.

very good question we have the accounts of the apostles who knew this was to happen.

In my studies I know all thing need to be done in proper order, so christ over comming all thing for us i would say even over coming death would be something important.

I will keep researching and post what i find, once again good question.

A thought that seems relative is if Christ was not the first to rise, then he would not have the one to overcome death.

Someone else, beside him, would have done so. The Lord being the first to rise, all the more affirms, that He is the one which overcame it, and thus others can now follow.

1 Corinthians 15: 23,

"But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming."

1 Corinthians 15: 20,

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept."

Edited by Anddenex

A thought that seems relative is if Christ was not the first to rise, then he would not have the one to overcome death.

Someone else, beside him, would have done so. The Lord being the first to rise, all the more affirms, that He is the one which overcame it, and thus others can now follow.

1 Corinthians 15: 23,

"But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming."

1 Corinthians 15: 20,

"But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept."

Yeah, this is my understanding too. That Jesus was the first to resurrect. I appreciate Bythbear's clarification on this too.