Garments after rebaptism?

PrincessLainie

I have a question! I am in the process of being rebaptised after my excommunication.

Before my excommunication I had been endowed. Are you able to immediately put your garments back on after rebaptism? The Bishop said "he was not sure" and thought "I may need to wait a year before putting garments back on". I thought once you were rebaptised that all of your temple blessings would be restored! Am I missing something?? Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

First your Priesthood and Temple Blessings must be restored by a General Authority. This usually takes about a year. Sometimes less I only had to wait 9 month.

So no you can't put your Garments on right away. Sorry. But, Once the General Authority lays his hands on your head, and restores your Priesthood and Temple Privileges your second Baptism, is null and void it is no longer a part of your record. Your Baptism date will be the date you were first Baptized, and it will be as if you were never excommunicated at all.Then you will be able to put your Garments back on

When Heavenly Father forgives He forgives completely.

Almost forgot one more thing You will have to write a letter to the Prophet, telling him how you have changed, how sorry you are and why you want to be baptized again. It's not hard. It's much like baring your Testimony on paper.

If you don't mind me asking. how long were you away from the Church? I was gone 30 years Brother Ray

Sorry. Didn't realize you were a sister. Didn't pay enough attention to your user name But everything is, basically, the same, except for the restoring of your Priesthood. Once you have your Temple Privileges restored The name you were given when you first went to the Temple will be yours again. You will not be given a new name Hope this is some help to you Brother Ray

Edited by circusboy01

I always thought that you only had to be interviewed by a General Authority if you had been endowed and was a Priesthood holder. But then again, I've never personally known a female in that situation. They have always been male.

If you are male, and held the Priesthood before you were Excommunicated. You will be interviewed by a General Authority. If found worthy. He will lay his hands on your head, and return your Priesthood, and your Temple Privileges. If your a female, all he would need to do is lay his hands on you head, and restore your Temple privileges Brother Ray