Russia Isn't The Only Country That Would Benefit From Polygamy.

Fiannan

Russian government officials at all levels are now holding a lively debate about steps that should be taken to encourage population growth in this country. Meanwhile, some of them at times practice homosexual relationships instead of taking action to curb the spread of the lifestyle. Besides, in Krasnoyarsk some “pretty grown-up guys” look for the green boys and seduce them on purpose, according to accounts by some of the gays in that city.

Where does the future hold for a nation where being abnormal is faddish? How on earth will the Russian women conceive in some 20 years if 10% of today’s males are gay and the number keeps growing? “I feel sorry for you girls. There’s only 6 men for 10 women in this country. One out of those six is a gay, another one is a drug addict, two more are alcoholics, and the last but one is a waste of space, an impotent. I guess you can figure out the rest,” said Pavel before bidding his good-byes.

"Being gay is faddish in today’s Russia" -- Pravda

http://english.pravda.ru/society/sex/85760-0/

I doubt the stats that this guy are offering qre quite that dismal but it should be noted that even in the days of Brigham Young Church leaders stressed that monogamy was a losing proposition for women since males tend to be less into marriage and family than females. Every western Christian nation is on a steep population decline (if you don't count immigrants). Even some LDS have bought into careerism, family limitation and the like.

Isn't it odd that even in the harshest days of WW2 Russian and German women had a much higher birthrate than they do today? Isn't it odd that in the days of eeking out a living and having to worry about polio, cholera and all kinds of nasty diseases the US birthrate was way higher than Utah's birthrate is today?

Maybe this is why I don't believe there should be laws against polygamists -- I have utmost respect for a man and women who come togather and try to raise kids in righteous homes while you might get 20 kids in a family of one man and three wives. If society started acdepting polygamy as okay, and LDS people continued to try to copy the world, one wonders the irony if some of the polygamist LDS people actually reached the point of outnumbering the general Church.

Isn't it odd that even in the harshest days of WW2 Russian and German women had a much higher birthrate than they do today? Isn't it odd that in the days of eeking out a living and having to worry about polio, cholera and all kinds of nasty diseases the US birthrate was way higher than Utah's birthrate is today?

Ahh, but they didn't have stretchy pants... to wear in their house... sometimes... for fun.

They had to do something, you know. ;)

Ah, the wonders of birth control!!! B)

Well, people who practice homosexuality aren't going to be reproducing. I'm sorry for the women who are looking for normal marriages, but such is the fate of cultures of that sort. Polygamy is against God's law and man's laws; so that's not the answer. Please note, there are no LDS polygamists. Personally if the Lord ever decided to bring back polygamy again (which He won't) I'd have no problem with it. The husband has to provide a seperate home for each wife and her children. I would love to have sister wives.

Eventually these women will have the opportunity for marriage and children. Also remember the birthrate may have been high, but how long did the children live? I don't know, but my guess is many died very young

The rest of the world ALREADY out numbers the LDS church, so that's not an issure. Remember the Lord + one Spirit filled mortal is still a majority!

Unfortunately the world will polarize in the last days. People of different faiths and philosophies will pull away from one another. Look at America. Many Christians feverishly hate Mormons, and what about conservaties vs liberals? Sometimes I want to go hide!

Fiannan, what do you mean by 'LDS people continue to try to copy the world'? Why would we want to copy the world? No one is forcing us to be peculiar. Ray can wear stretchy pants if he wants too! :)

<div class='quotemain'>

<div class='quotemain'>

Personally if the Lord ever decided to bring back polygamy again (which He won't) I'd have no problem with it.

How do you know this, Rosewood?

Cos she's been watching Big Love and that guy's a nice guy, lol :P:D

He's a nice looking guy too! Actually though, I was talking about her "which He won't" comment. I'm curious how she knows that God will not bring back polygamy again.

(For the record, I don't believe He ever commanded polygamy, but I know that LDS believe He did. I don't believe it's taught that God will never command it again.)

I know this is not the best way to source evidence but I knew this guy who was one of those people I could swear was afflicted with Asperger who could quote Church leaders almost verbatum. He was not the kind of person to get into an argument with on scripture, history or Church policy since he could outdo you no matter what.

The reason I bring him up is that we had discussions on Church issues including polygamy and he quoted some Church leader (apostle, prophet, I don't know) who stated for the record that polygamy would come back in the future when there were more children falling victim to infantacide (in the 19th. and early 20th. Centures that term generally meant abortion but also extended to preventative measures against pregnancy -- considering how the IUD, RU-486 and many birth control pills work that allow for fertilization but prevent implantation I think this would qualify) than being born the Lord would re-instate polygamy for the Church.

Rosewould states, and I respond:

Well, people who practice homosexuality aren't going to be reproducing.

Don't you think that modern culture is promoting homosexuality as just another form of sexual expression? The field is ripe if young people are raised in an environment that relativizes having children.

I'm sorry for the women who are looking for normal marriages, but such is the fate of cultures of that sort.

We aren't much better off than Russia. My only hope is that Russia can mobilize nationalism to get its birthrate up -- you can't do that in the USA or you might get wrongly branded a racist and the governing elite just feel that the answer to low birthrates is to bring people from countries that still have babies here to replace the "economic units" who fail to reproduce.

Polygamy is against God's law and man's laws; so that's not the answer.

The only religeous text from the Abrahamic religions that regulates the number of women a man can be married to is the Koran which limits a man to 4 wives.

A friend of mine just returned from Bhutan (which is a Buhdist country) and the law there says a man can only have two wives, but he noted that many men have four and the law doesn't care. My friend is from Africa and he noted that it's kinda funny that once you get out of Europe polygamy is accepted overall.

Please note, there are no LDS polygamists.

That's like when the Catholic Church used to say Protestants were not Christian, or when fundamentalists say LDS people are not Christian. Polygamist sects that accept the standard LDS scriptures and the line of prophets up until Wilfrod Woodruf are indeed LDS, they are just breakoffs that do not recognize the authority of the Church leaders who operate out of Temple Square.

I would note too that there are many regular LDS men who are sealed to more than one wife so in a spiritual sense they are polygamist.

Personally if the Lord ever decided to bring back polygamy again (which He won't) I'd have no problem with it. The husband has to provide a seperate home for each wife and her children. I would love to have sister wives.

That is a positive attitude. :)

Eventually these women will have the opportunity for marriage and children. Also remember the birthrate may have been high, but how long did the children live? I don't know, but my guess is many died very young.

In a spiritual sense you are right but in this world (at least from a geopolitical standpoint) these low birthrates in the west are extremely dangerous for the future. I would rather see single women go into sperm banks and have babies if they reach their mid 30s and are not married (if they are from the educated classes of people) than to just go extinct. That's the trendy thing in England -- hopefully they are using sperm from Scandinavia. :D From a sociological point of view I think children need a fatehr and a mother and I have seen no evidence whatsoever that children raised with a father and two mothers is any way disadvantgaged. So polygamy to me is a better option for countries like Russia, western Europe and even the USA than educated and healthy women wanting children not to be able to have them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Please note, there are no LDS polygamists.

That's like when the Catholic Church used to say Protestants were not Christian, or when fundamentalists say LDS people are not Christian. Polygamist sects that accept the standard LDS scriptures and the line of prophets up until Wilfrod Woodruf are indeed LDS, they are just breakoffs that do not recognize the authority of the Church leaders who operate out of Temple Square.

The difference is that these groups do not claim to be LDS. ;)