Not only am I out of spoons...my cup is nearly empty.

applepansy

Most of you might not know the Spoon Theory. Read the link.

I have no spoons left.

But more than that I've felt my cup was getting very close to empty. I didn't realize how empty until I started listening to Time Out For Women's live stream and heard Brad Wilcox speak. I needed to hear what he had to say.

But... its 12:22pm and I've spent the morning in bed and most of yesterday in bed too.

When I say I'm tired it means more than I ran a marathon or that I didn't get a nap or that I didn't sleep well last night. It means more than I'm sleepy. My body won't hold me up.

And then there is the spiritual side. I'm spiritually tired. Its more than having faith. I have faith. I know my Savior lives and loves me. I know he's aware. Am I wrong to feel that I can't keep going and nobody is listening? Am I wrong to feel that I need a miracle?

Yeah it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You can't please everybody, so, you've got to please yourself...

It sounds like you need to feed yourself. You're probably like most women, feeding everybody else while starving yourself. That's not what Christ taught. He taught to love others as ourselves, not in neglect of ourselves. If we are not loving ourselves properly, what kind of pitiful love will we have to give others? Give yourself what you need, if others are not happy with that, they need to repent.

Edited by Marlin1

Applepansy, I know we haven't personally met. But, because of your posts, I feel like you are someone I would want as a friend. I admire your strength, courage, tenacity, testimony, and a hundred more positive attributes that I simply can't list them all. I know the Lord loves you. And I know you know that too. He knows of your health struggles, your disappointments, your children, your grandson you're raising, and everything else going on in your life.

You are my sister in the Gospel. We were sisters in our pre mortal life. I care about you. I worry about you. If you need help, I will come. Even if all I can do is listen, I have a listening ear.

Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Edited by classylady

Guest LiterateParakeet

I hope you won't mind if I share with you the same things I shared with Angel, I think it applies here as well. :)

A couple things that have helped me. . .

Both Elder Holland's words and the song.. .

This talk is very helpful, from Elder Bednar:

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2012/04/the-atonement-and-the-journey-of-mortality?lang=eng

I have listened to this talk by Elder Maxwell, many times...you can read it or listen, listen to it if you can because his voice is so gentle and kind:

Speeches

Have you asked for a Priesthood blessing? Sometimes, when you feel like you just can't go on any longer, a blessing may be exactly what you need. I feel for you, and I hope you regain your energy soon. I'll be praying for you.

Yes. Sometimes it feels like I survive from one blessing to the next.