He wants you

Just for grins and giggles, let's theorize about how the media and society would respond to the two following scenarios:

A dozen forty-and-fifty year old men loitering around Miley Cyrus' hotel room in the hopes of a sexual interlude with the now twenty-something year old starlet.

A dozen forty-and-fifty year old women loitering around Justin Beiber's hotel room in the hopes of a sexual interlude with the now twenty-something year old starlet.

One of those groups would be denounced, villified, and perhaps even prosecuted.

And it ain't the Sisterhood of the shiny polyester pants.

Just for grins and giggles, let's theorize about how the media and society would respond to the two following scenarios:

A dozen forty-and-fifty year old men loitering around Miley Cyrus' hotel room in the hopes of a sexual interlude with the now twenty-something year old starlet.

A dozen forty-and-fifty year old women loitering around Justin Beiber's hotel room in the hopes of a sexual interlude with the now twenty-something year old starlet.

Disgusting either way.

p.s. I'm a woman.

p.p.s. Does that mean that Eowyn crushing on Aragorn or Aragorn being in love with Arwen was wrong? Major age differences there. . . :D

p.p.s. Does that mean that Eowyn crushing on Aragorn or Aragorn being in love with Arwen was wrong? Major age differences there. . . :D

Yes, totally wrong. Because, everybody knows Aragorn SHOULD HAVE been in love with Eowyn. I mean, c'mon... we humans need to stick together and not be consorting with elves! :D

big difference between that scenario and screaming at a movie theatre or a nice long look at the beach

big difference between that scenario and screaming at a movie theatre or a nice long look at the beach

Really?

What differences do you see?

Whether screaming at a movie or loitering outside a hotel room, the fact of the matter is that identical behavior is being treated differently based on who's doing it.

And that's called "sexism" when men are the perpetrators, "progress" when women do exactly the same thing.

Edited by selek

One scenario is physically stalking for the purpose of sexual encounters while the other is more along the lines of 'star power'.

Are you saying that the men are stalking for sexual encounters while women stalk for 'star power'? Because... the purpose for sexual encounters or star power has nothing to do with gender... both do one and/or the other.

No, I read Skippy as drawing a distinction between the activities, rather than the reason behind those activities.

That is, actually, a reasonably valid criticism.

What has not been addressed is why society will condemn sexist behavior by men while approving- and even endorsing- exactly the same behavior by women.

Men who would dare fawn, moan, and catcall at a movie theatre over a starlet young enough to be their daughter would be treated as deviants and sexual predators.

Women sexually fawning and moaning over a star young enough to be their child are considered hip and progressive- and embraced by the popular culture for their behavior.

Let's put it another way:

Woody Allen was (rightly) treated as a deviant and predator for ditching Mia Farrow for a woman young enough to be his daughter.

Demi Moore was considered a progressive, liberated role model for ditching her husband for Ashton Kutcher.

Edited by selek

I'm going through the actual same thing. I am 21 and been wedded for 2 years. My husband says he does not feel anything. But it is my mistake i pressed him away the last few months. i shut personally down and did not open up to any person. Bad memories came flooding back. I was not the wife he wished.

I think that i am desperate so much. He told me he does not feel anything and has felt like this for a while. I grew up with a lots of home issues and i brought that into my wedding. Bad plan. I left my home on bad conditions with my husband. :(