YouTube Video Cameras?

Bini

I need some clarification.

Webcams are not portable, right? I'm looking for something that can be used around the house. Also, what video cameras have FRONT FACING CAMERAS? I tried googling those Flip cameras but I couldn't find a definitive answer on that..

I bought these for my elders: Kodak PlaySport (Zx3) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera. They were both outdoors men and I wanted to make sure they got something that could handle water and bashing about. Amazon.com: Kodak PlaySport (Zx3) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera (Blue): Camera & Photo

I know they used them all during the rest of their missions, so I gather they fit the bill for ease of use and portability. One of the mothers told me she was very grateful because it gave her a real look at her son's life on his mission, not just still pictures and emails. I've also seen recent outdoors vids from one released elder, and he said he was so happy to have it; it's given him a lot of pleasure to be able to take videos of his outside activities.

I got either the same thing or something similar (maybe without the waterproofing) for my son. He uses it quite a bit, including videos for class.

I can't answer about 'front facing.' I'm not sure I know what that means in this context. I just knew that people I watched on YouTube were using 'flip cameras' and that's what I bought the guys.

Alright, thanks everyone.

I ended up buying the SVP Full HD 1080P video camera on eBay. It's screen swivels around (or flips) so you can self film. It was very affordable at under $50. I saw some YouTube video reviews on it, and demonstrations, and it looks good - especially for the price! I like that you can use disposable batteries with the device when you're unable to plug it into a wall and charge.