Taking the plunge.

Aworkinprogress

It's taking me 6 months off and on to join in here. I can be somewhat shy, so I lurked to make sure no one here bites. As far as I can tell it's safe. :lol: Actually it might of been closer to a year that I stumbled upon this forum. The situation I was in at the time left very little of the good spirit in the home. It was at a time when I lost my parents within 6 months of each other and life as I knew it changed considerably. Going to church once a week wasn't fulling that spiritual need the rest of the week when circumstances tore it down and made it rough. So I bookmarked this place and viewed it when I was able to. Visiting Teaching is great, but it's only once a month. More and more I've found it helpful to drop by specially if I'm having a rotten day or need an attitude adjustment. When you read about someone needing advice and their struggles, it makes you feel like you can get through your own. So a week ago I decided to sign up and leave the chicken at the door. Maybe loosing it in cyberspace some where. So I had a to think of a username and nothing was coming at me. It was either too cheesy, boring, something that wasn't me and finally I was just frustrated. LOL I wanted to just sign up. Somehow it came to me. I'm a work in progress. Something I have in my about on Facebook. Anyway, I am looking forward to being here, and learning from you all. I've been a member since 1978. Was inactive about 3 times since then. Not because I didn't believe in it. It was just pure laziness. Or something would come up on a Sunday with the family and it was too easy to hang out with the family. I come from a family who wasn't LDS. 6 or 7 years before me my sister became interested in the Church. Her and her husband was baptized. Her and I are 13 years apart. I was an accident. :P Our parents were stopping at two. A boy and girl. I fooled them. My sister took me to mutual a few times and I enjoyed it. A few years later I took the missionary lessons when I turned 12. Being in a non member family and having a best friend who wasn't LDS I didn't stick to it. Not like I should of. It wasn't till I turned 28 or so, the Relief Society showed up at my house and sang Happy Birthday to me. Quite a surprise for being out of the blue. Knowing some of the people made it easy for me to start being active. A few years later I moved with my parents to Idaho. Being in a neighborhood my parents were surrounded by Mormons. Within 7 years, they were baptized. And I was able to be sealed to my parents. They've both been gone since Fall 2011. They were my rock and best friends. It's comforting to know that I will be with them again. I'm also thankful to have found this forum. It's kept me afloat (well you all have) and focusing more on what I need to be doing. Another way of encouragement. I guess that's enough gibberish for one post. Don't want to be overwhelming on the first try. :)