March 24, 2013 - Journals

pam

To you women of today, who are old or young, may I suggest that you write, that you keep journals, that you express your thoughts on paper. Writing is a great discipline. It is a tremendous educational effort. It will assist you in various ways, and you will bless the lives of many—your families and others—now and in the years to come, as you put on paper some of your experiences and some of your musings.

Gordon B. Hinckley

Classylady needs to repent, and do better with her journal writing.

I love reading the journals of my ancestors. The last few years I have had a real yearning to learn more about them. I've been able to easily find some of my great, great, (don't really know how many greats) grandfather's journals, but am having a harder time finding any of my female ancestor's journals. My male ancestors had their journals typed up and published for the family. We haven't done it for my female relatives. I feel I'm missing the woman's point of view.

My father died when I was six years old. He didn't keep a journal. I would give anything to know more about my father.

My grandmother was pretty faithful in keeping a journal. There were several found after she passed away. Mainly it was the day to day things she did but really interesting knowing what she did 60 years ago.