So Called Christian Board

Winnie G

Originally posted by Jenda@Mar 19 2004, 09:27 PM

You are welcome here, Serapha. I extended that invitation to anyone who wished to come to our board on yours last night. I keep several browser windows open so I can be in many places at once. B)

I read your discussion with drstevej there.

What's a T-U-_-I-P Calvinist?

What was the deal with the JST stuff and Romans 8:30?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by White Mountain+Mar 19 2004, 08:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Mountain @ Mar 19 2004, 08:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Snow@Mar 19 2004, 09:26 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--White Mountain@Mar 19 2004, 08:21 PM

Kinda condescending, isn't it? -_-

Ya think?

Maybe a little bit.

BTW, those shoes kinda make me dizzy. :wacko:

Listen White Mountain,

If you have something to say about my smoking hot feet, you had better say it up front. I'm kinda funny that way.

Hello Jenda,

You do seem to be finding a new home at christianforums. I guess maybe it is more to your liking now that you realize that the "bigots" aren't really "bigots" and that the members there are capable of discussions when they aren't "attacked" by trolls.

So, Serapha, aren't you a little irritated that they haven't asked me to remove the Christian symbol from my name yet? Just a little? B)

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 19 2004, 09:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 19 2004, 09:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--White Mountain@Mar 19 2004, 08:21 PM

Kinda condescending, isn't it? -_-

Ya think?

Besides. I can't really condescend to anyone unless they allow me to

It just that I have read a half dozen of serapha's posts.

I have about 10,000 on the internet, so your expertise is about what.... 6/100 of 1 percent.

I think I know the drill much better than he/she does.

Yeah, you probably do.

I know what it takes to make the kind of argument that serapha makes and I know how easy it easy to rebutt, I also know the comeback to the rebuttal that serapha will make, I also know how to illuminate the dishonesty in the spin and demostrate the hypocrisy inherrent in the position....

I don't usually make the argument. I don't usually generate posts, I reply to postings.

My speciality is archaeology... and what I am reading right now is Brant Gardner's web page concerning the commentary on the book of mormon and his dissertations on mesoamerican culture and his presentations at the 2002 and 2003 conferences.

Is there anyone here that can carry on conversation in that discipline?

Or maybe George Potter's article on the authenticity of the book of mormon to higher criticisms?

Well, snow, you said it be easy to "rebuttal" my statements..... that there would be dishonesty in the spin.... so, go for it.

talk to me.

~serapha~

Originally posted by Snow@Mar 19 2004, 08:41 PM

Note: Hey Trident, I see you lurking there. This could bew interesting. These "christians" might hold you in the same low esteem they hold The Church of Jesus Christ.

Really. I mean, you should have seen how they treated me just because I am a moderator here. I had to play 50 questions before anyone would believe that I am not LDS. :o:lol:

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 19 2004, 09:44 PM

Well, snow, you said it be easy to "rebuttal" my statements..... that there would be dishonesty in the spin.... so, go for it.

talk to me.

~serapha~

I suppose I'll be the one to say that you haven't actually made any statements beyond what you're reading. What is Snow supposed to be rebutting? :blink:

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 19 2004, 09:44 PM

Is the anyone here that can carry on conversation in that discipline?

Or maybe George Potter's article on the authenticity of the book of mormon to higher criticisms?

Well, snow, you said it be easy to "rebuttal" my statements..... that there would be dishonesty in the spin.... so, go for it. ~serapha~

Oh, wait while I pop some popcorn! B)

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 19 2004, 08:44 PM

I have about 10,000 on the internet, so your expertise is about what.... 6/100 of 1 percent.

Not to worry, your posts were very revealing. It's just not that tough.

In any discussion we engage, why don't we just agree that you won't hold the Church of Jesus Christ to any standard to which you will not hold your own. K?

Originally posted by White Mountain+Mar 19 2004, 08:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Mountain @ Mar 19 2004, 08:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 19 2004, 09:27 PM

You are welcome here, Serapha.  I extended that invitation to anyone who wished to come to our board on yours last night.  I keep several browser windows open so I can be in many places at once.  B)

I read your discussion with drstevej there.

What's a T-U-_-I-P Calvinist?

What was the deal with the JST stuff and Romans 8:30?

They believe in salvation by justification as opposed to salvation by repentence. Romans 8:30 is one of the scriptures that was changed in the Joseph Smith Translation, and it regards their justification theology.

The scripture was changed from reading justified to reading sanctified. That threw their justification theory out the window. So, the choose to challenge it.

I, myself, find the nitpicking of the scriptures on a word-by-word basis a bit tiresome, especially when I have to search through 10 different versions to find out what they are talking about half the time. I mean, it is hard enough with two different Book of Mormons and two different Doctrine and Covenants. LOL.

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 19 2004, 09:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 19 2004, 09:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--serapha@Mar 19 2004, 08:44 PM

Not to worry, your posts were very revealing. It's just not that tough.

In any discussion we engage, why don't we just agree that you won't hold the Church of Jesus Christ to any standard to which you will not hold your own. K?

Oh, that's fair enough... and a second agreement... for every book that I read on the CoJCoLDS's you agree to read one that I recommend.

Is that fair enough? book for book.. or web page for web page. I wouldn't want to be held to a higher standard than you would place yourself.

~serapha~

Originally posted by Jenda@Mar 19 2004, 09:36 PM

Hello Jenda,

You do seem to be finding a new home at christianforums. I guess maybe it is more to your liking now that you realize that the "bigots" aren't really "bigots" and that the members there are capable of discussions when they aren't "attacked" by trolls.

So, Serapha, aren't you a little irritated that they haven't asked me to remove the Christian symbol from my name yet? Just a little? B)

So, Serapha, aren't you a little irritated that they haven't asked me to remove the Christian symbol from my name yet?  Just a little?  B)

Actually, after the onslaught of trolls and the lack of response by the moderators, I told them I wasn't going to be posting on the "unorthodox Christianity" forum. I have been posting on the general apologetics tonight and my regular postings in "questions in Christianity" ... oh yeah.... and the one posting to the senior adminsitrator concerning your use of the "cross" as your icon when you adher to the book of mormon.

I would think that you would be proud of your beliefs.....

Myself, I like it simple... no crosses, no reps, nothing I don't have to carry around with my name

~serapha~

Originally posted by White Mountain+Mar 19 2004, 09:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Mountain @ Mar 19 2004, 09:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 19 2004, 09:55 PM

I mean, it is hard enough with two different Book of Mormons and two different Doctrine and Covenants.  LOL.

That's funny! Better not post that over there! B)

Yeah. When they do post a BoM scripture, it is from the LDS BoM (for some odd reason :P ), then I have to go the the RLDS website and do a scripture search to see what the scripture is in my BoM. It's really a pain.

(Of course, I have to do that here, too. :blink: )

Guest Xalen

Originally posted by Outshined@Mar 19 2004, 09:24 PM

If they have sections where members of denominations with whom they disagree are forbidden, they are bigots.

You may have to wait until we construct a special area away from the members of our church..... Ha Ha, just kidding, you won't find that small-minded attitude here. You'll find it a refreshing change. :D

im just curios, but i've been to sites before where they have sections for specific beliefs or denomnations so they can discuss things specific to thier beliefs without having to argue against peoples other beliefs. is that what there doing there? i can see how it might be a good thing it was on the other sites.

Originally posted by serapha@Mar 19 2004, 09:00 PM

Oh, that's fair enough... and a second agreement... for every book that I read on the CoJCoLDS's you agree to read one that I recommend.

Is that fair enough? book for book.. or web page for web page. I wouldn't want to be held to a higher standard than you would place yourself.

~serapha~

I'm thinking that there probably isn't an "anti" Mormon viewpoint (and I use the word anti advisably) with which I am not familiar, esoteric material excluded. A book you reccommend may interest me but it would have to be fairly earth-shattering to jump to the front of my reading queue, which is at about 18 right now. And, I probably won't ask you to read anything particularly lenghty anyway. But I am generally willing to give the other side fair play and thus am fairly open.

Right now I am going to dinner with a group of traveling dental hygenists I met on the subway last night but I will be back soon so go ahead with a topic if you like.

BTW, I think I like you.

Originally posted by serapha+Mar 19 2004, 09:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (serapha @ Mar 19 2004, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 19 2004, 09:36 PM

So, Serapha, aren't you a little irritated that they haven't asked me to remove the Christian symbol from my name yet?  Just a little?  B)

Actually, after the onslaught of trolls and the lack of response by the moderators, I told them I wasn't going to be posting on the "unorthodox Christianity" forum. I have been posting on the general apologetics tonight and my regular postings in "questions in Christianity" ... oh yeah.... and the one posting to the senior adminsitrator concerning your use of the "cross" as your icon when you adher to the book of mormon.

I would think that you would be proud of your beliefs.....

Myself, I like it simple... no crosses, no reps, nothing I don't have to carry around with my name

~serapha~

Oh, good. I will look forward to a message from the administrator. But you know, others reported me, too. And I still haven't heard anything.

Oh, and I did hear something from the moderator there. He was upset that the posters there trolled over here and broke internet protocol. Seems that they were worried about something, just not what you expected them to be worried about.

Originally posted by Jenda@Mar 19 2004, 10:07 PM

Yeah. When they do post a BoM scripture, it is from the LDS BoM (for some odd reason :P ), then I have to go the the RLDS website and do a scripture search to see what the scripture is in my BoM. It's really a pain.

(Of course, I have to do that here, too. :blink: )

You could save some time and effort by just becoming LDS. Simplify your life, ya know. :D

Originally posted by White Mountain+Mar 19 2004, 09:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (White Mountain @ Mar 19 2004, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Mar 19 2004, 10:07 PM

Yeah.  When they do post a BoM scripture, it is from the LDS BoM (for some odd reason  :P ), then I have to go the the RLDS website and do a scripture search to see what the scripture is in my BoM.  It's really a pain.

(Of course, I have to do that here, too.   :blink: )

You could save some time and effort by just becoming LDS. Simplify your life, ya know. :D

WOW!!! What an offer!! That is the first time anyone ever said that to me. I'm touched.

But, I will have to decline, at least for now. But thank you, WM. :)

LOL,as much as I hate admit it,Ser,you won't find a better bunch of people than the ones on here. Yeah we get a little testy sometimes and me being a blonde,well ya know what they say about blondes,lol... Anyways,you'll see what a great bunch this is if you just sit back and watch,they may just surprise you every now and than!

Moonshine

Originally posted by Jenda@Mar 19 2004, 10:15 PM

WOW!!!  What an offer!!  That is the first time anyone ever said that to me.  I'm touched. 

But, I will have to decline, at least for now.  But thank you, WM.  :)

There goes you chance at a plural marriage if the US Supreme Court keeps changing the marriage laws. :)