hello :)

starwishes20

im new here (obviously) and i have been in the church for a little over a year now! yay! :lol: i am 20 years old, i will be attending cosmetology school in a few months and for the time being i am in the process of moving so i dont have a job right now :( I dont have too exciting of a conversion story...i grew up around a lot of LDS people and a lot of times people ask me, "well how did you find the church?" its more like, how did i NOT find it?! i would have had to been living under a rock to not know at least a little bit about mormons haha....I was always pretty spiritually inclined and although i had no prior religion (nor did my family) i always really admired people who were christians (including mormons!) and was always pretty open minded about hearing what they had to say. But i think i truly had a seed planted in my heart the first time i took a walk around the temple...i met some people that were willing to tell me all about the gospel and i think they stayed with me for an hour or two!!! however i didnt decide to get lessons until about a year later...i finally decided to because i wanted to help my relationship with my now exhusband (yup i got married real young-ran off to a chapel in vegas!) and i saw an article in Ensign about what happily married couples do...and i was like you know what i want that!!! (his family was LDS also but he was hated the church) i loved getting lessons with the missionaries and everything they said to me seemed like stuff i had already known before, and i got baptized! ....but sadly my short marriage turned abusive and i left my ex a week after my baptism...but this has left me with a testimony that God is looking out for me and my happiness and that he really does want us to find our eternal companions even if we have to deal with a lot of heartbreak to find them! i love church and im so happy now with my life :)