If You Missed It

If you missed the priesthood session last night I 'm here to put it into a nut shell format for you.

I can break it down into four parts.

1) Priesthood:

Be worthy to hold your priesthood. Become worthy to receive the priesthood (if you don't have it). If you do hold the priesthood magnify your priesthood callings.

2) Emergency Preparedness:

Work on you year supply. Start small with a week supply if you have to slowly you will make it. Also work on you financeal savings, and stay out of debt. They said last night most people do this backwards they have a year supply of debt.

3) The Aaronic priesthood:

A) Stay on the straight and narrow. This young generation will see things bad and evil the world has never seen before.

B ) Young priesthood holders need to stay away from from sexual transgressions. They need to respect and protect the young woman of the church.

4) Pres. Hinkley spoke:

A) First he said it's to bad to be growing old in such an exciting time. He spoke of the acomplishments of the church in his twelve years administration. In the past 12 years 40% of all the total missionaries of the church have been to the mission field. Over 3.5 million converts have joined the church world wide.

B ) He spoke of a story when Joseph F. Smith went on a mission to Hawaii, and went from a boy and his transformation to a man.

Sorry I didn't use more detail but from this you get the general idea of what was said. Feel free to add to this if you think I left something vital out. Well here it is in a nut shell.

-LT04

yeah, I missed it too . . . 'cause I'm a girl. I always ask my husband afterwards and I swear it's like he must sleep through the whole thing - he never has much to say except "it was a good session" and "there were some great speakers" - well, DUH! Guess I'll read it in the Ensign later, or buy the DVD when it's available in a few weeks. Thanks for the highlights.

So this year my son got to go for the first time. Yea! He wasn't thrilled about getting dressed up in his Sunday clothes after lounging around in PJ's all day watching conference at home. But I think he enjoyed the privilege of being one of the MEN instead of being a BOY. And I know he liked stopping at Dairy Queen afterwards!

And as an added bonus, my oldest daughter's boyfriend went with my husband and son, too, since his Mom just got out of the hospital and his Dad wasn't going. He came over and had dinner with us between the afternoon sesion and Prsthd, then went to conference, then my husband took him home. He's a good kid, but I think he was trying pretty hard to impress. Must have been a bit awkward for him.