What is everyone doing durring the day? (Outside of working)

diane9986

Exactly !!! i have never understood that . my mother in law is the same way always telling me i need to get a job to keep busy

Why? Seriously, why is it expected that someone who has sufficient income has to have a job/career? If one's spouse makes sufficient income for the family, then why does the other spouse have to have a job?

if i lived near you and you could pick me up i would be more than willing to do housework.... yes i am that bored

Pick up a hobby. Make sure it's an eccentric one, so everybody things you've lost it ;-)

I guess I should read the OP eh?

We've got a small garden on our balcony, and I have an in-house Linux server that holds my movies and streams them to devices, I like to tweak with stuff on that when I'm bored.

Edited by jerome1232

My time is mostly all mine in the summer and on the days I don't teach during the year. It's strange how much housework one can find to do (should one be so inclined), so that and grocery shopping takes time. I also cook almost every day, so that takes time.

I play computer games and like to play until the end of the story or a perfect score, depending on the game, so that takes time. I can get lost on the internet, there is so much interesting stuff (and silly stuff, and sad stuff) to read and learn about, so that takes time.

I still have to write articles and conference talks and plan my classes, so even though I'm at home and it looks like I'm just sitting around, I'm doing that. Fortunately, I can do stuff during the day when things are open and work until 2 or 3 a.m. when there are no distractions. Perhaps you now have time for family history or to write that book you've always wanted to write? : )

I don't know much about it, but I think a few people on the board do indexing. You might look into that.