What To Do Now?

rosie321

Today I have spent a good portion of the day trying resolve a matter concerning my child and have been led on the wild ride of phone tag, watching professionals cover their backsides, imbetween trying to calm down my distraught child with special needs.

My child was defineately treated inappropriately by "professionals". All I want is to see that it does not happen again and try to understand why people acted the way they did. Maybe they had some reason unbeknownest to me. However, I see no reason why a "professional" trained in handling special needs children would act the way they have. There is no excuse in my book for the trauma they caused this child. I talked to the supervisor, the supervisor of the supervisor. They don't understand why it happened but said maybe there's a reason. What reason could there possibly be? They don't know. Ask the people involved. I would if they'd talk to me :excl::angry:

My child was mistreated in a way that might legally be able to fly beneath the radar or be labeled as a misunderstanding but from a parents perspective it can not be ignored. Something needs to change. This is just another one of a number of little situations that has occured. As always they can give no justifiable reason as to why this matter ever occured in the first place or assurances that it will never happen again. They say we'll check into this or have you talked to so and so? I'm just the parent here...they have special training (even though I have years of experience too)... blah blah blah. I'm supposed to trust them with my childs care? RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :angry: I'm not a parent who thinks their child can do no wrong. I'm willing to work with professionals but this situation has gone past being reasonable.

Right now I am not comfortable sending my child back into that environment. Do I keep out of school until this matter and others is resolved? I don't want to face legal repurcussions for doing so or make them an enemy. I also don't want my child to be isolated any more than the disability already isolates.

Due to the needs our family had thought the educational environment would be helpful to address them. Instead I'm starting to feel the environment is doing more harm than good and that we should homeschool full time. Due to the needs though I'm not sure if it can be adequately done. The needs are great and there's only so many resources.

Ideas?

Really upset and don't know what to do.