Hello, all.

Ledge

I was baptized Nov. 30th, 2013. I've never been a part of a Christian church; in the past I've been atheist, pandeist, and briefly Luciferian (I assure you it's not at all Satanic - it would be fair to say that my Luciferianism lead me to Mormonism...it is a religion based entirely upon the pursuit of truth...I think that there is no Mormon that would disagree with Luciferianism. Just, as with many other goodly religions, it is not the full gospel of Christ).

I'm a curious person and therefore I decided it would be good to have a place to talk about my interpretation of the gospel. I of course lean not unto my own understanding, but I think the keyword of that verse is 'lean'...we of course need some understanding in order to even be able to trust in the Lord. We must be able to think for ourselves in order to determine what is true. Otherwise it is a blind faith, I would say...which is sometimes necessary but preferably not. I've apparently come to my faith very surely...the missionaries I meet with tell me that I picked up the doctrine very quickly and that I ask questions that they do not experience even with lifelong members of the church. They've told me that I am capable of great things. I dunno. I shrug when they tell me. but this post is an introduction, so shrugging wouldn't do. I tend to think of myself as humble and yet others describe me as great. I'm not without flaw. I'm probably my least favorite person on the planet, excluding those whom I haven't met. I just think other people are more interesting. I'm far more enamored with the idea of making someone else smile than amusing myself, y'know? It's not that I think I'm a bad person.

A statement that I live by is "I'd rather learn the truth than be validated in a lie. I'd rather adjust to the light than be comfortable with the dark." I came up with it myself, although I'm sure it's been iterated at some point in similar words by someone before me.

Hi Ledge and welcome,

Life is a journey of learning. You sound like a very intersting person. Each Church is a stepping stone. I'd like to congratulate you on your baptism and welcome you into the church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints. Hope that you will stay strong to the truth and continue to learn and grow. The next exciting thing 4 you will be getting the Priesthood. Remember we learn a little bit here and there. God knows this.

Hold on to His light!!

I was baptized Nov. 30th, 2013. I've never been a part of a Christian church; in the past I've been atheist, pandeist, and briefly Luciferian (I assure you it's not at all Satanic - it would be fair to say that my Luciferianism lead me to Mormonism...it is a religion based entirely upon the pursuit of truth...I think that there is no Mormon that would disagree with Luciferianism. Just, as with many other goodly religions, it is not the full gospel of Christ).

I'm a curious person and therefore I decided it would be good to have a place to talk about my interpretation of the gospel. I of course lean not unto my own understanding, but I think the keyword of that verse is 'lean'...we of course need some understanding in order to even be able to trust in the Lord. We must be able to think for ourselves in order to determine what is true. Otherwise it is a blind faith, I would say...which is sometimes necessary but preferably not. I've apparently come to my faith very surely...the missionaries I meet with tell me that I picked up the doctrine very quickly and that I ask questions that they do not experience even with lifelong members of the church. They've told me that I am capable of great things. I dunno. I shrug when they tell me. but this post is an introduction, so shrugging wouldn't do. I tend to think of myself as humble and yet others describe me as great. I'm not without flaw. I'm probably my least favorite person on the planet, excluding those whom I haven't met. I just think other people are more interesting. I'm far more enamored with the idea of making someone else smile than amusing myself, y'know? It's not that I think I'm a bad person.

A statement that I live by is "I'd rather learn the truth than be validated in a lie. I'd rather adjust to the light than be comfortable with the dark." I came up with it myself, although I'm sure it's been iterated at some point in similar words by someone before me.

Welcome :), sounds like you've had an interesting journey.