Your period of inactivity

After reading through my previous thread about how long people had been members of the church, there were several who said that they had periods of inactivity.  Was wondering what people did during their time away from the church, did you attend another church or explore other faiths or just not attend any other place of worship? 

I've always had a belief in God and during part of my absence from the LDS church was part of a local Baptist congregation.  I also did three years at the Assemblies of God bible college in the UK where I studied Biblical Theology to degree level.

I am not a member of the church despite agreeing with the majority of the teachings. I normally attend the local YSA, however once in a blue moon I visit my old Baptist Church. Not quite for the message but more so to see old faces.

I am not a member of the church despite agreeing with the majority of the teachings. I normally attend the local YSA, however once in a blue moon I visit my old Baptist Church. Not quite for the message but more so to see old faces.

Interesting comment, if its not too personal, is there a particular reason for you not joining the church?

I do not live the Words of Wisdom. I enjoy a beer every now and then. I am however very against smoking and drugs, my grandfather was taken from me when I was three by cancer from smoking. Though I was young I remember that hole in his neck quite vividly. 

I do not live the Words of Wisdom. I enjoy a beer every now and then. I am however very against smoking and drugs, my grandfather was taken from me when I was three by cancer from smoking. Though I was young I remember that hole in his neck quite vividly. 

Thanks for replying, in your previous post you said you agreed with the majority of the teachings of the church, is it just a question of not following the WoW or are there other things about the church that you aren't in agreement with?

From personal experience I used to love a nice whiskey, malts or blends didn't matter, just loved the taiste and smell of a good highland brew.  But when I first began to think about returning to church I decided that I needed to give up on that particular pleasure as the Gospel was more important to me than a few drinks now and again.