Traveler Has A Valid Point...

Guest Yediyd

Traveler has a point when he leaves the "o" out of G_d, that is a way of showing reverance to the lord.

Thanks for the good example, Traveler. :)

Thank you Yediyd - this is the first time on the internet that I have been recognized for my efforts to keep something sacred and not criticized. I have discovered in such matters that it is best that I do not explain the extent of my reason but instead to give only part of the reason why. It would appear that you are aware of something (at least in part) that cannot be spoken.

The Traveler.

Guest Yediyd

<div class='quotemain'>

Traveler has a point when he leaves the "o" out of G_d, that is a way of showing reverance to the lord.

Thanks for the good example, Traveler. :)

Thank you Yediyd - this is the first time on the internet that I have been recognized for my efforts to keep something sacred and not criticized. I have discovered in such matters that it is best that I do not explain the extent of my reason but instead to give only part of the reason why. It would appear that you are aware of something (at least in part) that cannot be spoken.

The Traveler.

It's an example that I respect and intend to follow.

Read this.

Also, I love how almost nobody realizes that the English name "Joshua" comes directly from the Hebrew "Yeshua" which later became "Jesus" in English. So technically, it's closer to the Hebrew to say "Joshua Messiah," than "Jesus Christ." But whatever, I'm used to saying "Jesus." And don't ask me how we got from the Hebrew word "Mashiakh" to "Messiah." I guess the English translators got tired of the gutteral "kh" sound (as in the Scottish word "loch").

Other fun facts: Solomon's Hebrew name is really pronounced like "Shlomo" (as in "sh-low-mow"). Moses' Hebrew name is really pronounced like "Moshe" (as in "Mow-sheh"). :lol:

I am going to be so confused when I meet "Moshe" for the first time I will try not to call him Moses . :lol: