Elder Holland's talk

dahlia

If this needs to be moved, please do so. I wasn't sure where to put Conference-related posts.

Anyway, Elder Holland seems like a straight forward kind of man to me. If he has something to say, I think he'll say it. However, I wonder about a hidden meaning for his talk.

Does anyone think he was referencing the illegal children that came over this summer? That they are 'homeless' (now. they came from homes...) and we should do more to help them?  Maybe I'm entirely off the deep end here. You guys are the experts here. Could this be code?  I have my own views on the situation and hope my Church leadership isn't asking me to do something that I'm unwilling to do. We have enough poor and needy right here, and right in my own ward, that I don't need to go looking for them.

Yes, I am a terrible person. I admit that straight up. I'm just curious if the Church leadership would speak in code or indirect language when telling people to do something they might find unpalatable or that might be a politically hot potato. If I am crazy, please let me know. My feelings won't be hurt.