How Do You Read The Bom?

I found my education is greatly enriched by having a bench mark to refer too - without it there are too many ifs, buts, maybes and whys. And also that as I grow scriptures mean different things to me - I was not wrong before just my understanding increased. Kind of like when I studied physics at degree level they told me to more or less forget what I had learned at school - or when I studied history I discovered dates and timlines that were accepter at school were debatable at uni.

I need the scripture in my life to be very much the iron rod and unbendable because the more I learn in my studies the less I actually know about anything.

Charley

Thank you for your comment. I find it interesting that the greatest miracles have not been discussed:

1. That I (we) can pray and G-d - the most intelligent and wise being in the universe listens and cares.

2. That I (we) can covenant through repentance and my (our) sins are forgiven and forgotten.

As far as I am concerned the other stuff is just fluff.

The Traveler

Thank you for your comment. I find it interesting that the greatest miracles have not been discussed:

1. That I (we) can pray and G-d - the most intelligent and wise being in the universe listens and cares.

2. That I (we) can covenant through repentance and my (our) sins are forgiven and forgotten.

As far as I am concerned the other stuff is just fluff.

The Traveler

sorry my fault I guess I forget that prayer isn't a given, I have just done it all my life so its normal lol I always feel a bit gobsmacked when i mention an answer to a prayer and some people think I should take them more seriously. Again being able to take something you learned back to the source and say Heavenly Father did it really happen this way is also very liberating.

Did you notice that nearly all of the Lords Prayer at least to me seems to form the part of repentance? I also wondered why the differences between the Lords Prayer in the Book of Mormon and Bible interesting what is your take on that?

Charley