How many wards meet in your building?

lagarthaaz

Yep, that is too true.  I know 'we' in our ward do it.  But that's because we know who the majority of the culprits are :P

So much more critical to talk to your bishop.  Your bishop is the one with the authority to talk to the other bishop.  Together they can address this issue.

Doesn't every area have a PFM (physical facilities manager - a paid position)?  I know we do.  They're the ones who make sure the building is decent and things working properly.  I'm pretty sure a High Councillor is also supposed to oversee this in each stake.  The bishops are there to communicate needs and make sure the place gets cleaned regularly.  It's puzzling to me what some of you apparently put up with (needlessly imo since there are avenues you can use to address it).

Doesn't every area have a PFM (physical facilities manager - a paid position)?  I know we do.  They're the ones who make sure the building is decent and things working properly.  I'm pretty sure a High Councillor is also supposed to oversee this in each stake.  The bishops are there to communicate needs and make sure the place gets cleaned regularly.  It's puzzling to me what some of you apparently put up with (needlessly imo since there are avenues you can use to address it).

I do know who the high councilor is, I've met him when I've been trying to clean with the dodgy vacuum that just won't suck up the dirt anymore and he tried to help me fix it (we ended up having to get another vacuum). He's from the 'other' ward, and he's a nice guy, but seems to me that he's pretty ineffectual considering all the problems we have. There's not much we can do but put up with it, if the leadership haven't yet gotten together to take charge of caring for the building. They put together a cleaning roster for the wards, but then forget about it.  If I ruled the world, every bishop would remind the members every Sunday to keep the building clean (and discipline the kids who are making most of the mess - make them spend a Mutual activity scraping the gum off the bricks around the building for starters).  Anyway, it's Sunday soon and I will be having a chat with Bishop - hopefully something will happen. Now we are going through four cycles of meetings on Sunday it's becoming even more critical.