Jacob 2

musashi

Here's one I came across today.

Jacob 2:23-24

“For behold, thus saith the Lord: this people begin to wax in iniquity; they understand not the scriptures, for they seek to excuse themselves in committing whoredoms, because of the things which were written concerning David and Solomon his son. “Behold David and Solomon truly had many wives and concubines, which thing was abominable before me, saith the Lord.”

D&C 132:1 & 39

“Verily thus saith the Lord… you have inquired of my hand to know and understand wherein I, the Lord, justified my servants… David and Solomon,… as touching the principle and doctrine of having many wives and concubines - … “David’s wives and concubines were given unto him of me.”

Any comments?

What types of comments are you looking for? That David and Solomon were given wives and concubines, that they later took it upon themselves to take more and in sinning by doing not what was asked of them but what they did of their own free will they sinned.

If you have five that God has given you do you sin? If you later take two upon yourself or as in David's case a chosen of God sets up Uriah to be slain so he can have Bethsheba, that he had impregnated, as wife. It was in taking Bethsheba that David sinned.

Ben Raines

oh ok, i thought these scriptures might have been contradicting eachother, but i guess not.

Try the following scriptures: Exodus 20:13 and Numbers 31:17

now tells us what religion you are and if you believe the Bible

The Traveler