Great Movies to Watch on Sunday

cdowis

"Inn of the Sixth Happiness" with Ingred Bergman (1958).  One of the great inspirational movies from the Golden Age of Movies, based on a real-life person who became a missionary in pre-war China.  Humor, romance, suspense

A very remarkable ending, shows how the Lord cares for his children even in an obscure, remote village in China.  

A great movie to watch on Sunday.

A man For All Seasons (1966 version with Paul Scofield)

Quote==

William Roper: So, now you give the Devil the benefit of law!

Sir Thomas More: Yes! What would you do? Cut a great road through the law to get after the Devil?

William Roper: Yes, I'd cut down every law in England to do that!

Sir Thomas More: Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!

Guest LiterateParakeet

"Inn of the Sixth Happiness" with Ingred Bergman (1958).  One of the great inspirational movies from the Golden Age of Movies, based on a real-life person who became a missionary in pre-war China.  Humor, romance, suspense

A very remarkable ending, shows how the Lord cares for his children even in an obscure, remote village in China.  

A great movie to watch on Sunday.

Sounds like a wonderful movie.  I'll check it out soon.  :)  

The blind side

The mom in that movie reminds me so much of my sister.  My little sister is that tough and that tender-hearted.  :)  

When our kids were small, we'd have a movie on Sunday night with popcorn and lemonaide.  By then we were pretty much worn out from helping small children enjoy the Sabbath and having FHE with a dozen......yes a dozen by their request..... games after the short lesson.  The criteria for Sunday movies was it had to teach us good lessons and be 'Sunday appropriate' in our opinion. If a movie was suggested that didn't fit Sunday, we set it aside to watch during the weekdays.

We had a lot of movies from "illustrated stories from scriptures" such as The King is Born. 

Then as they got a bit older we got quite a few movies from Family Films, such as Rigoletto. Also Prince of Egypt was a favorite.

Then preteens and teens, expanded to movies like the Ten Commandments and Fiddler on the Roof, Iron Will.  

Now that I am alone/widow/kids grown......I sometimes will watch a Sunday movie, but not always. Choices include for me, documentaries that are Sunday appropriate and some BYUtv; also 'Who do you think you are" series.