Quick, Need Suggestion!

Jikei

Howdy. I've never posted anything to a board, but I'm desperate ;)

We (as in the YSA in our stake) are making a Scrapbook for our YSA 'mom' Cindy. We were planning to give it to her Monday night (at FHE), but she wont be there (her family is going out for a family dinner). We have a few other options, each with drawbacks. We can give it to her on Sunday during YSA class, but most who helped make it wont be there for that (she's only in our ward, and others would have to drive an hour to get here, and simply can't do it). Or there's the thought of giving it to her in an annonymous way (she'll know it's us when she opens it).

The best course of action is option two, to leave it for the family. The issue becomes, what's the best way/place to leave it? Some way that's creative and special for the family. Any suggestsions?

thanks for your help....time for me to get back to work... ;)

Ja

Jikei

:dontknow:

okay...i've got a couple!

1) a scavenger hunt. leave a clue on her doorstep and lead her all over the place until she gets to her gift. (i know...totally corny!)

B) what about doing the whole put it in a box, wrapping it.. putting that in a bigger box, wrapping it... putting that in a bigger box, wrapping it...

what do you think?!

Is there a time frame involved in giving her the scrapbook? Is it a special occasion? Leaving it on her doorstep would be pretty thoughtless.

You can give her the scrapbook during class and take pictures for all of those who cannot attend.

You can give it to a family member to give to her at their dinner or at home after dinner and she will thank all of you when you are together again.

You can wait and give it to her when you are all together.

Leaving it on her doorstep would be pretty thoughtless.

How so?? :dontknow:

How about giving it to her at your next FHE?

Or get one of her family to put it on her pillow so that she will see it when she goes to bed..

Or even get one of her family memebers to put it in her car on one of the front seets.. That way it will be a nice surprise for her & a great way for her to start her day :)

<div class='quotemain'>

Leaving it on her doorstep would be pretty thoughtless.

How so?? :dontknow:

How about giving it to her at your next FHE?

Or get one of her family to put it on her pillow so that she will see it when she goes to bed..

Or even get one of her family memebers to put it in her car on one of the front seets.. That way it will be a nice surprise for her & a great way for her to start her day :)

A lot of thought, devotion, and emotion went into the scrapebook. I think that Jikei is putting as much thought into the presentation.

I just don't think "hit & run" is any way to present a gift from this group.

A lot of thought, devotion, and emotion went into the scrapebook. I think that Jikei is putting as much thought into the presentation.

I just don't think "hit & run" is any way to present a gift from this group.

I am not for a second taking away from the thought, devotion, time or emotion that was put into making the scrapbook...

And putting it on a door step (when you know the people are home) is not exactly a "hit & run".. Just another way to make the giving of the gift anon...

To some people it is a great idea... Possibly the whole idea is to ring the doorbell & not be at the door when it is opened... Ever thought of that?

• 2 years later...