Sending a Care Package to a Missionary?

mt_mck7

Backstory: this guy (Elder) who I have a crush on is currently on his mission. He's finally out in the field now after a month of being the MTC (Missionary Training Center) and I can send him care packages now. When he was in the MTC, he was in the MTC in Mexico City, and I didn't think it would get to him on time if I sent him a care package. 

Elder is serving in the U.S. and I have looked up on Pinterest for ideas of care packages to send. I have written a question about this before, but this is a more direct question because most of the care packages contain chocolate, and cookies, and Elder is lactose intolerant. I have come up with a few ideas of food to send him which are:

Beef Jerky

Dehydrated Fruit

Clif bars (maybe?)

Snickerdoodles (He likes snickerdoodles)

And Chocolate Fudge Pop Tarts (his favorite flavor)

Before I send him any food, I might check with his family to see what would be okay to send. I wanna send him some food, but maybe some useful things that could help him while he's on his mission (unless food is the only thing that Missionaries prefer).

Edited by mt_mck7

When I was a missionary, I was so strapped for cash that I had very little money to get "treats".  I only got the bare minimum of everything.  Treats were much appreciated.

Whether he can get them or not doesn't really matter.  Is this something that when he looks at it he'll think,"Oh!  Cool!"  That depends on the individual.  But for me, food that is often considered a "treat" was what did it for me.