Oooh Those Pesky Feminists Again!

pushka

I just read an article that a member linked to on the Current Events forum which included a mention of this website: FeministMormonHousewives.org. I was amazed!! Poor Fiannan, I wonder what he makes of the site. I haven't read any of the articles yet, but have added the site to my favourites, so will visit there frequently, I hope.

Here's the link, tell me what you think about it too..FeministMormonHousewives

'I wanted to talk about women’s issues. No one was. I searched and searched.

I got more and more frustrated until one day, exactly one year ago, on a whim, I opened up blogger and tried to think of a catchy name. A catchy name that said something bold and sold the idea of what *I* wanted to talk about. Gyrl Stuff. Feminist Stuff.

Feminist was a given, and add that to Mormon and you’ve got obvious. But Feminist Mormon is a boring name. So what else describes me? Hum . . . Housewife. I LOVE IT. It’s perfect, it’s so very oxymoronic. Obvious but not. It’ll make people blink. Thrice. Also, in a way, “Housewife” gives “Feminist” some subtle “Mormon” legitimacy. I like legitimacy. I added “Angry Activists with diapers to change” (I miss that tag) and invited my niece-in-law Beth to join me and we were off.'