Going to the Temple

a mustard seed

How often are you able to visit the temple? When you go, what do you usually do there?

It's become my goal since I've come back to church to make myself temple worthy and make regular trips...but I don't know what I'd be doing once I go there. I hear the branch constantly planning temple trips and I wonder, once people get there, what do they do? I only remember from young womens taking temple trips to do baptisms for the dead and there was something I did before getting married there. I just...I felt moved by the stories shared by the woman and man who were President and Matron of the new Philadelphia temple at stake conference, just how close they were to the spirit, and these wonderful experiences where the Lord's hand was very clear in bringing people together and answering prayers. I want to feel close to Him as well. I've already felt His hand so much in my life but I also want to serve Him. I just don't know what I would be doing in the temple once I finally am able to go.

So, if you don't mind sharing, what do you do when you go to the temple? 

Edited by a mustard seed

The temple has four different service opportunities for individuals who are endowed:

1) Baptisms and Confirmations
2) Initiatories
3) Endowment
4) Sealings

Which service you want to spend your time with is really a personal choice. As for me, I am currently working on temple names and plan on going once a week and go through all four services in one month to complete saving ordinances for one of my ancestors. That is just me though, each individual is able to decide how they want to move forward.

Temple experiences are usually experiences to be kept within the temple. I honestly love the divine peace that is in the temple that isn't felt anywhere else.

8 minutes ago, a mustard seed said:

Thank you for the explanation. And sorry about that. I did not know. I edited my post. 

No need to be sorry, just something to keep in mind. Now in saying this, if someone feels impressed by the spirit to share a temple experience that is between them and the Lord. :)