Coping when you're unhappy in your calling

Lots of Mormons where I live... but I definitely have promptings that I need to stay put, and I think I know exactly why. There's one girl in particular who might be the only reason I need to fight through all this nonsense and remain in this calling.

Sunday, my adviser had an emergency and I had to teach last minute. It turned out to be a huge blessing for me, because I had a great discussion with my girls and really got to connect with them. It was just what I needed to remind me where my focus should be. The rest is annoying, but the girls need me to love them; so I'll be with them as much as possible, and grin and bear it when I have to be with the adults. 

On 2/19/2017 at 0:24 PM, Eowyn said:

Long story short, I love the people I serve, but have good reason to be unhappy with the people I serve under/with. There have been problems in our auxiliary leadership for months. 

I've been in a spot before when I hated a calling because of a person/people. I know I can't do anything about them. I won't ask to be released. I feel like I do good where I'm allowed to, and there are people I serve who need me there. 

So how do you make the most of a calling when the people you serve with make it kind of miserable?

Jesus put you in there, and He will take you out in due time. But the joy is in knowing He put you there and whatever you do in good faith and "unweayingness", He notices and appreciates. Then there's praying for charity and seeing those who annoy you as Jesus sees them (he suffered for them, too, and appreciates what they do too).