Reasons for Waiting to Have Children

5 hours ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Done it yet?  You mean have children?  Yes, I have five.  The youngest is 11.  I highly recommend it.  :)  

The "done it yet" was not meant to be an innuendo... just clarifying ;)

Guest LiterateParakeet
8 minutes ago, Fether said:

The "done it yet" was not meant to be an innuendo... just clarifying ;)

LOL! LOL! LOL!  I didn't even think of that until now.  I'm dying of laughter here...sorry. :) 

On 2017-03-08 at 6:26 PM, NightSG said:

Want to tell me where I can get worthwhile health insurance for $99 down and $40/mo?

Not "catastrophic" coverage that only kicks in when you have a proven fatal injury, but something that would get me a regular doctor visit for the flu at a <$50 copay.

??

On 3/8/2017 at 10:36 AM, Fether said:

With this in mind, I personally can't imagine going too long without having children. The idea of being married for more than a year with no child is completly resoculous to me.

but here is my question. What are the reason for not having a child? If there are none, Why are we asked to pray for when (I understand the "how many" part) when the prophets are pretty clear?

Like many such counsels we receive from the Brethren, it is a question of balance.  They've named some bad reasons to not have or delay having children.  But they also want to tell us to not make it our business.  It is their job to declare the commandments and give general guidance.  But unless some people are under your direct stewardship, don't pass judgment on them.  They may have reasons you don't understand.  Eventually, it will be God who will judge whether they obeyed or not.  So, don't take that task/role onto yourself.

I've done it, too hahahahaha. Or rather, my bride did it. It brought me more joy than anything else I can think of and I even though I adore my grandchildren I miss my own babies so much that it hurts more than I know how to say. :)

Edited by Mike