Mormon Horses

USNationalist

Originally posted by antishock82003@Jan 27 2004, 07:34 AM

What about Paul? Paul would be Grrrrrr-eat!

Not me, I’m not going to do that because that would be unrighteous dominion and I have no business flaunting the powers of the priesthood for my own personal gratification.

Seriously, I have high hopes that Antishock will reconvert to the Church. He has Mormonism in his blood and he just needs a little love and patience. Yes, I believe you will come back, Antishock-- you will. How do I know? Well, I don’t actually know but I have contemplated some of the things you have said and I detect a man who is starved to feel those peaceful spiritual feelings again. Oh, just go ahead and fall down on your knees in your secret place and plead that God will visit you with the Holy Ghost and promise that you will repent and obey him if he will only manifest his divine love towards you and those warm fuzzies will be multiplied a hundred time!

You have nothing to loose. It's just you in your private place and no one will see you accept for God, your Maker. :)

Paul O

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Paul Osborne+Jan 27 2004, 07:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paul Osborne @ Jan 27 2004, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--antishock82003@Jan 27 2004, 07:34 AM

What about Paul?  Paul would be Grrrrrr-eat!

Not me, I’m not going to do that because that would be unrighteous dominion and I have no business flaunting the powers of the priesthood for my own personal gratification.

Seriously, I have high hopes that Antishock will reconvert to the Church. He has Mormonism in his blood and he just needs a little love and patience. Yes, I believe you will come back, Antishock-- you will. How do I know? Well, I don’t actually know but I have contemplated some of the things you have said and I detect a man who is starved to feel those peaceful spiritual feelings again. Oh, just go ahead and fall down on your knees in your secret place and plead that God will visit you with the Holy Ghost and promise that you will repent and obey him if he will only manifest his divine love towards you and those warm fuzzies will be multiplied a hundred time!

You have nothing to loose. It's just you in your private place and no one will see you accept for God, your Maker. :)

Paul O

If antishock goes back to the church, I'll go back too. But only if he, I, and Curvette get to be in the Bishop Brick.

Originally posted by Paul Osborne@Jan 27 2004, 07:39 PM

Bat,

Hmmm; isn’t Curvette a lady? That won’t work. Let’s modify the deal.

;)

Paul O

Nope. Either Curvette gets to be in the bishopric with us, or no deal. I don't want to exclude the most qualified candidate based on the irrelevant fact that she's missing a chromosome or a rib or something. That reminds me of a joke.......

I drink nonalcoholic beer and love it. Coors is the best. Besides, alcohol ruins the taste of beer and gives you bad breath. Coffee? You can drink another hot drink as there are lots of them on the market. Coffee does smell good... :huh: It’s been 23 years since I had a cup of coffee and I’m doing just fine without it.

I value my membership in the Church. I'm glad I have a testimony. I love those warm fuzzy feelings. :)

Paul O

Just found something interesting. The book "Oaxaca in Ancient Mesoamerica" writen by John Paddock. Page 88. In Oxcat, six kilometers into Puebla from the Oaxaca state line was found the remains of a hourse that predates the Spanish by over 1500 years.

Darn those pisky Mormons.

The Traveler

Guest Starsky

Originally posted by bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:02 PM

I wouldn't have to pay tithing or stop drinking beer and coffee (MMMMMM coffee!), would I?  Those are really more of "suggestions" than commandments, aren't they?

Coffee makes you pee a lot and drains all of the moisture right out of your cells...causing premature aging... ;) Sure it smells good....so does drano.....drink up boys!

Originally posted by Peace+Jan 27 2004, 08:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Peace @ Jan 27 2004, 08:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:02 PM

I wouldn't have to pay tithing or stop drinking beer and coffee (MMMMMM coffee!), would I?  Those are really more of "suggestions" than commandments, aren't they?

Coffee makes you pee a lot and drains all of the moisture right out of your cells...causing premature aging... ;) Sure it smells good....so does drano.....drink up boys!

Gosh, how could a manipulative and kniving farm boy have known all that? He must have been a prophet.

Call for references.

Originally posted by Traveler@Jan 27 2004, 08:20 PM

Just found something interesting. The book "Oaxaca in Ancient Mesoamerica" writen by John Paddock. Page 88. In Oxcat, six kilometers into Puebla from the Oaxaca state line was found the remains of a hourse that predates the Spanish by over 1500 years.

The Traveler

Does that mean that horses aren't Tapir or deer? If this is valid information, why would FARMS and FAIR present these Ad Hoc arguments?

Guest antishock82003
Originally posted by Paul Osborne+Jan 27 2004, 07:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Paul Osborne @ Jan 27 2004, 07:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--antishock82003@Jan 27 2004, 07:34 AM

Paul O

I just can't get a good cursing these days. Man...

BTW, JENDA, thanks for changing my Hell to a Heck. Is Hell swearing? Seriously? Or does it depend on context? When is Hell an appropriate word? When it's a noun?

Why would cursing me be abusing your p-hood powers? Alma got cursed. I'm actually giving you permission to curse me. Raise your arm to the square. Trust me on this one. Please though, follow my request just so I have an awareness on the cursing...a timeline so to speak.

Originally posted by antishock82003@Jan 27 2004, 09:10 PM

BTW, JENDA, thanks for changing my Hell to a Heck. Is Hell swearing? Seriously? Or does it depend on context? When is Hell an appropriate word? When it's a noun?

I do believe the filters were changed to allow Hell to be used as long as it was used appropriately, and, yes, that would be in a discussion of Heaven/Hell.

Guest curvette

Originally posted by Traveler@Jan 27 2004, 08:20 PM

The Traveler

1500 years or 15,000 years? I've never heard a shred of credible evidence that any horse remains younger than 10,000 years have been found anywhere in the Americas, but it would be nice to hear some. Do you have more info on this and the author's credentials? The lack of any archaeological finds, plus the strange absence of horse art in the Americas (the horse is a stunningly beautiful creature--worthy of reproduction in art) leave me to wonder if the horses in the BOM could possibly be the animal we call the horse.

Guest bizabra
Originally posted by bat+Jan 27 2004, 07:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Jan 27 2004, 07:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Paul Osborne@Jan 27 2004, 07:27 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--antishock82003@Jan 27 2004, 07:34 AM

Paul O

If antishock goes back to the church, I'll go back too. But only if he, I, and Curvette get to be in the Bishop Brick.

I wanna be part of the heirarchy, too! Please?

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Paul Osborne@Jan 27 2004, 08:08 PM

I drink nonalcoholic beer and love it. Coors is the best. Besides, alcohol ruins the taste of beer and gives you bad breath. Coffee? You can drink another hot drink as there are lots of them on the market. Coffee does smell good...  :huh:  It’s been 23 years since I had a cup of coffee and I’m doing just fine without it.

I value my membership in the Church. I'm glad I have a testimony. I love those warm fuzzy feelings.  :)

Paul O

Paul, sometimes I think you and Peace are not REALLY TBM's. Your posts sound almost like you are spoofing! C'mon, tell the truth now, you guys are just kidding with all us fine folks here, aren't ya? You can't be real. You sound too too too good to be true!

It's actually downright scary. Sometimes I feel like I'm reading Mad Magazine. . . . .

Guest bizabra
Originally posted by bat+Jan 27 2004, 08:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Jan 27 2004, 08:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Peace@Jan 27 2004, 08:43 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:02 PM

Gosh, how could a manipulative and kniving farm boy have known all that? He must have been a prophet.

Call for references.

Don't you mean "conniving"?

Sorry!

Originally posted by bizabra+Jan 27 2004, 10:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bizabra @ Jan 27 2004, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bat@Jan 27 2004, 07:36 PM

Paul O

Boy Scout Master?

Guest bizabra
Originally posted by bat+Jan 27 2004, 11:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Jan 27 2004, 11:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bizabra@Jan 27 2004, 10:59 PM

Paul O

Boy Scout Master?

That's Boy Scout MISTRESS, to you!

Originally posted by bizabra+Jan 27 2004, 11:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bizabra @ Jan 27 2004, 11:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by -Peace@Jan 27 2004, 08:43 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--bat@Jan 27 2004, 08:02 PM

Call for references.

Don't you mean "conniving"?

Sorry!

I was using the Reformed Egyptian spelling of the word. GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

Originally posted by bizabra+Jan 27 2004, 11:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bizabra @ Jan 27 2004, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bat@Jan 27 2004, 11:06 PM

Paul O

Boy Scout Master?

We should go camping and you could teach me how to pitch a tent.

Guest bizabra
Originally posted by bat+Jan 27 2004, 11:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bat @ Jan 27 2004, 11:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -bizabra@Jan 27 2004, 11:09 PM

Originally posted by -bat@Jan 27 2004, 11:06 PM

Paul O

Boy Scout Master?

We should go camping and you could teach me how to pitch a tent.

I'm actually quite good at that! Did it one night by flashlight only on a riverbank once when I went to the Winthrop Blues Festival one year. :ph34r:

For some reason, I can't stop giggling!@

Guest bizabra

Originally posted by Paul Osborne@Jan 22 2004, 07:29 PM

BIZ:  The argument from Pauls Beliefs: 

I believe that horses existed in America before the Spaniards showed up. I believe the Book of Mormon is true and my faith is assured whether there is physical evidence or not.

Paul O

Therefore, the church is true.

Criminy! Too easy! But fun. . . . . . :P

Guest bizabra

BIZ: The argument from the god as trickster theory:

from Peace-

It would be interesting, however, to wonder if God removed all the evidence or has just placed a veil upon all things pertaining to 'physical proof' of the BofM so as to not allow just anyone to fall unwittingly into the church...without exercising faith.

I think they are getting the hang of it, Bat!

Originally posted by bizabra@Jan 27 2004, 11:24 PM

BIZ: The argument from the god as trickster theory:

from Peace-

It would be interesting, however, to wonder if God removed all the evidence or has just placed a veil upon all things pertaining to 'physical proof' of the BofM so as to not allow just anyone to fall unwittingly into the church...without exercising faith.

I think they are getting the hang of it, Bat!

I'm too afraid to go back and see if Peace really said that. I'm scared. Hold me.