I have some questions about Jesus.

Snigmorder

7 minutes ago, pam said:

@brlenox   If I could make a slight suggestion.  Many people won't take the time to read a very long post.  Even if filled with good information.  You might try to break it down a little.  Just a suggestion.  :)

It is a burden of how my mind works - every little detail has to fit the great whole and so I explore even the tiniest facets to make sure I can feel coherency. Nonetheless I know you are correct and will attempt to find ways to excise material.

2 minutes ago, brlenox said:

It is a burden of how my mind works - every little detail has to fit the great whole and so I explore even the tiniest facets to make sure I can feel coherency. Nonetheless I know you are correct and will attempt to find ways to excise material.

You are fine.  Do whatever works out best for you.  That's the important thing.  :)   So if the long post is easier....then go with it.  

On 10/4/2017 at 1:57 PM, zil said:

Huh.  There's a thought I never considered before.  Think I need the original quote now:

Physical, sure, I inherited physical traits from my mortal parents.  Mental - sure, we generally consider that part of the DNA inheritance.  But spiritual traits, tendencies, and powers from mortal parents?  There's an idea I have never considered.  From spiritual parents, duh, but mortal?  I think I'll let the back of my brain ponder this for a while.  Perhaps this quote is meant to cover things "inherited" through upbringing as well as DNA, after all, we believe Christ was taught by the Father in his childhood.  Still, I think I'll let the back of my brain mull this over some. :)

Here is a possibility that speaks to this and may provide fodder for consideration:

There are two Comforters spoken of. One is the Holy Ghost, the same as given on the day of Pentecost, and that all Saints receive after faith, repentance, and baptism. This first Comforter or Holy Ghost has no other effect than pure intelligence. It is more powerful in expanding the mind, enlightening the understanding, and storing the intellect with present knowledge, of a man who is of the literal seed of Abraham, than one that is a Gentile, though it may not have half as much visible effect upon the body; for as the Holy Ghost falls upon one of the literal seed of Abraham, it is calm and serene; and his whole soul and body are only exercised by the pure spirit of intelligence; while the effect of the Holy Ghost upon a Gentile, is to purge out the old blood, and make him actually of the seed of Abraham. That man that has none of the blood of Abraham (naturally) must have a new creation by the Holy Ghost. In such a case, there may be more of a powerful effect upon the body, and visible to the eye, than upon an Israelite, while the Israelite at first might be far before the Gentile in pure intelligence.

If we analyze what is said here it seems to be an obvious indication that there is some benefit to being born of the lineage of Abraham.  This benefit is a physical element of how the person who is of that lineage of Abraham will respond to the gift of the Holy Ghost.  Something about his blood will enable him to embrace that gift and there will most likely be little of visible  impact.  However, one not of Abraham is somehow not in a state of physical capacity which enables him to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost unless the Holy Ghost actually alters his physicality to enable this person to embrace the presence of the Holy Ghost. This change might be accompanied with physical manifestations that indicate that physical changes are taking or have taken place.