Marie Kondo and the Gospel

Netflix doesn't know me as well as it thinks it does, I thought to myself, rolling my eyes at the screen. Like I need to tidy up, I silently stewed, struggling to see the television over the pile of laundry I'd set on my coffee table. But then the trailer played and all those hours I'd spent watching HGTV with my DIY-loving stepmother got the best of me. I hit play. And oh boy, did it suck me in. Word to the wise: "Tidying Up with Marie Kondo" is going to change you... Or at least make you itch to sort out all of your dresser drawers. (Which I did. I'm also proud to report my desk drawer no longer holds year-old coupons and one stray sock... Don't even ask.) As I sorted out the miscellaneous items around my house, pondering if that zucchini in the fridge was really sparking joy in my life, something became clear to me: Marie's advice can totally be looked at from a gospel perspective. Not just in...

View the full article

• 3 weeks later...