Recordings

Annabelli

Is there any reason that we do not record the talks given at our Sacrament Meetings? Their are relatives who cannot travel to hear loved ones give a talk and it would be nice to send them a recording. There are also people who cannot attend every Sunday due to health issues and I think it would bring them closer to the Lord to hear the talks of their fellow members.

I know that a lot of Churches provide this service and it seems very kind and generous. It would also be very nice to get recordings for those who provide some very nice hymns.

It would obviously be a great project for an interchurch sharing of the gospel. It would definitely strengthen and unit all the wards world wide to one another. Members have such wonderful church stories to share when they have traveled and visited other wards.

From some of the many strange things I have heard in Sacrament meetings I think it is a good thing that Sacrament meetings are not recorded. The only church meetings that I know that are allowed to be recorded are General Conference meetings and BYU devotionals. There are also other programs of course but the concern is that many speak what they think versus what the church teaches.

I have heard the Holy Ghost compared to the Force from Star Wars among many other things.

Ben Raines

Well, I think it would be fascinating to go online and order Sacrament Talk tapes from DB Store from any ward in the Church. You could be listening to talks all week long from across the country or around the world.

You could even order talks from your ward when you have to be away or talks given before you became a member. Think how your Testimony could grow from that experience.

I am sure that Missionaries would benefit from the talks as well. It's a wonderful idea.

I have a LDS friend who travels the country with her husband in an RV. They have met a lot of other LDS Travelers as well. They said it would be like a "home cooked meal" to have tapes from their ward.

This will be a great campaign for the New Year! All LDS Families will be reunited and grown children can listen to their parents giving a talk when they have to live miles apart.

:) :)

Is there any reason that we do not record the talks given at our Sacrament Meetings? Their are relatives who cannot travel to hear loved ones give a talk and it would be nice to send them a recording. There are also people who cannot attend every Sunday due to health issues and I think it would bring them closer to the Lord to hear the talks of their fellow members.

I know that a lot of Churches provide this service and it seems very kind and generous. It would also be very nice to get recordings for those who provide some very nice hymns.

It would obviously be a great project for an interchurch sharing of the gospel. It would definitely strengthen and unit all the wards world wide to one another. Members have such wonderful church stories to share when they have traveled and visited other wards.

Ask your Bishop if you can record sacrament meeting and tel him why you want to do this....and I think you can....but just to be courtious...tell your Bishop.... :)

We recorded Sacrament, Gospel Doctrine and RS for two sisters who were housebound. The Branch President's wife is the one who took the recordings to the sisters. I was Branch Librarian and I helped her to copy the tape.

Also one of our members was bedridden, but only lived about 4 houses from the Church - she used the hearing impaired device- worked like a charm. Wouldn't have if she had been any farther away though.

From some of the many strange things I have heard in Sacrament meetings I think it is a good thing that Sacrament meetings are not recorded. The only church meetings that I know that are allowed to be recorded are General Conference meetings and BYU devotionals. There are also other programs of course but the concern is that many speak what they think versus what the church teaches.

I have heard the Holy Ghost compared to the Force from Star Wars among many other things.

Ben Raines

lol, now you made me laugh Ben!! hihi