I am looking for an MP3 player to play the scriptures downloaded from the Church site

JohnsonJones

I have downloaded the Book of Mormon and other books from the Church site in mp3 format.  I put them on a cheap mp3 player. 

The problem I have is it does not save where I'm at and there is no real ability to scroll quickly.  Instead, everytime I turn it on I have to go back to the book I was at and then starting at the beginning, hit the down button until I finally get to the chapter I was on.  With the Book of Mormon that is getting to be over a hundred button pushes at this point to get where I'm at this point in the year.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a cheap MP3 player that can keep your spot, or is very easy to scroll down to where you were (and also which you can put your mp3 files on, so that I can transfer the mp3 files for the Book of Mormon and other scriptures onto it from our computer).

Guest LiterateParakeet

I should add, I use the LDS Library App and download the MP3 files. 

If you don't use a smart phone then, an inexpensive Kindle might do the trick. Before my kids had phones, they listened to books on Kindle.

1 hour ago, LiterateParakeet said:

You don't use a smart phone?  I listen to it on my phone. 

I have a smart phone, but I try to keep my phone as a phone only.  It keeps my personal information on it to myself for the most part, and I don't get distracted like I see my students getting with their phones.  I also don't carry it everywhere with me and so sometimes when I want to listen to things, I don't have it on me.

I have a tablet which I have my scriptures on, but I don't listen to things on it in that fashion.

I have a cheap MP3 player I bought off of Amazon to listen to the Church MP3s while working on the computers or doing things at work which don't take a ton of time.  I want it cheap because if I lose it or something happens to it, I won't have lost a lot of money (theft happens at the university more than anyone wants to admit).

I have a Kindle (one of the cheaper ones), but I have no idea how to get the Church MP3s on it or how to even have it be used as an audio book.  I didn't know it had voice ability at all to be honest.  No idea how to use it that way.  I have one though with several books on it.

Edited by JohnsonJones