Family Home Evening

iSurvivedNickJr

My 2nd and 3rd child are in Seminary and so my husband thinks that fhe needs to be about scripture reading. The 10 year old is eager but the 5 year old is in left field and even though he might be hearing it, it does not keep his attention. Once a month the 10 year old is in charge of the lesson and the older ones feel like it is 'baby fhe'. She likes to act out characters from the scriptures and dress up her little brother as the male part while mom, dad and older brothers guess who she is.

So the point of my post is... What have you done to include the wide range of ages in your family?

Also I have a hard time keeping the two younger ones from having to sit on the 'naughty step' for bad behavior during fhe :(

My 2nd and 3rd child are in Seminary and so my husband thinks that fhe needs to be about scripture reading. The 10 year old is eager but the 5 year old is in left field and even though he might be hearing it, it does not keep his attention. Once a month the 10 year old is in charge of the lesson and the older ones feel like it is 'baby fhe'. She likes to act out characters from the scriptures and dress up her little brother as the male part while mom, dad and older brothers guess who she is.

So the point of my post is... What have you done to include the wide range of ages in your family?

Also I have a hard time keeping the two younger ones from having to sit on the 'naughty step' for bad behavior during fhe :(

I am very curious to see the tips that the more experienced parents have :) Considering I only have 1 little dude & am still very much in the learing phase.. :lol:

But a little idea that you could try is to get chairs that you can paint & decorate yourself or with them that can be thier FHE only chair. And then once FHE is done pack them away for the next week. :)