Just wondering????

Traveler

I have started some threads about a particular Executive Order and previous research in the USA on gain of function on the virus now known as COVID-19.  I had hoped for more information or at least some opinions.  Do such things interest anyone? or are such things better suited for another forum?

The Traveler

18 hours ago, Traveler said:

I have started some threads about a particular Executive Order and previous research in the USA on gain of function on the virus now known as COVID-19.  I had hoped for more information or at least some opinions.  Do such things interest anyone? or are such things better suited for another forum?

The Traveler

It's an interest, but many times you have already said what I may have been thinking so there's not much need to repeat it. 

The other problem is that some have taken it into a very political minded issue, and as (I think it is still occurring here) politics are currently not something discussed here in a great degree, discussing the pandemic, even in a scientific manner, or even related to what General Authorities have said about it, can have some take it in the wrong way or manner.  Thus, talking about it without including the politics regarding it or appearing to do so (even if it is related to the Church itself) can be harder.

Thus, I try to avoid posting things that some may take as overly political, even if it is not, and even if it is directly related to the Church and things that have come out regarding the Church in many instances.  Overall, trying to avoid political issues, as well as some items are not things people wish to hear or even talk about (or even help) that are occurring in some local areas of the church.  Persecution against the General Authorities and those who follow them probably has never been as great in the church as it is today.  The Prophet, Elder Renlund, and Elder Oaks have all been the targets of this persecution, and unfortunately, those who have endorsed these General Authorities and their statements in some of the local areas are also thus persecuted. 

If politics is placed on that high of a pedestal to do that to General Authorities, what hope does anyone else have against that tide of opinion?