Hello Members Of Ldsforums

narithias

Hi everyone, it is cool to see a ldsforum out here in cyberspace. I am happily married and a dad of awesome daughter that is almost two, and another daughter on the way.

I am a recent convert (June 2006) who shortly after being baptized lost faith, but slowly have been building it back up. Unfortunately, a lot of the sites I have been to were not very LDS friendly, and were one of the reasons I lost faith. But, after reading various LDS sites, praying and also interacting a little with Mormons I prayed for guidance and found some. I went to church earlier today and it was great, I missed the spiritual feeling that is always present at our ward. Well, at anyrate it is nice to meet you all.

Welcome, and hope that you find some good things here.

The contrast in the spirit between reading the Book of Mormon and some of those sites you mention is quite strong. The Book of Mormon speaks to your soul as being familiar of the good you knew before this life, while those sites speak to our fears - fears that God isn't really that interested in us to send a prophet in our day.

Your ward sounds like there are some good people in it.

Thanks everyone for the kind replies :) I am sure to have a lot of questions, and it is nice to know that there are people that will help me along the way.

It's good to meet you! Congratulations on another baby girl on the way and your return to the church. :)

Thanks I'm really glad to be back. I can't wait to see my daughter, although it is fun when she kicks at me, she is a strong one. Now if I can only get a boy for the next one:) :)

Welcome, and hope that you find some good things here.

The contrast in the spirit between reading the Book of Mormon and some of those sites you mention is quite strong. The Book of Mormon speaks to your soul as being familiar of the good you knew before this life, while those sites speak to our fears - fears that God isn't really that interested in us to send a prophet in our day.

Your ward sounds like there are some good people in it.

Jwhitlock you are very wise :) That is exactly how it feels, the BoM does seem to speak to my soul. Shortly before I was baptized I remember reading Alma, after I finished I kneeled and prayed to God if the BoM was real, I felt an experience I had never had in my life.. It was then that I knew that I would be baptized.

Hi there narithias... it is me from the forum with the red cherokee ... I like this forum, there are a lot of nice people here too, but no caracters though...

Nice to hear you are finding your way back in!

Thanks Maya :) It is nice to see ya here.

Hi everyone, it is cool to see a ldsforum out here in cyberspace. I am happily married and a dad of awesome daughter that is almost two, and another daughter on the way.

I am a recent convert (June 2006) who shortly after being baptized lost faith, but slowly have been building it back up. Unfortunately, a lot of the sites I have been to were not very LDS friendly, and were one of the reasons I lost faith. But, after reading various LDS sites, praying and also interacting a little with Mormons I prayed for guidance and found some. I went to church earlier today and it was great, I missed the spiritual feeling that is always present at our ward. Well, at anyrate it is nice to meet you all.

Welcome back

Hello narithias...

This is where you belong... where you can ask your questions -- just start a thread in the Doctrine forum with whatever question you have -- and go through them one at a time. People here have access to links of papers, books, etc. to also help you... and, unlike many other forums about LDS... you will not get the critics who twist, or misquote our doctrines, etc.

Welcome, and I'm glad you're back...

from the beautiful central Oregon coast... The Garden Girl

Edit to add: I just read your "profile" and it told me absolutely nothing :D ... oh, one thing, I notice your local time is 12:25 so that means you're from the eastern area... I do know you're happily married with a lovely daughter and one on the way.... Is your wife a member? Where are you located generally? Care to share any other "general" type info? GG

Hello narithias...

This is where you belong... where you can ask your questions -- just start a thread in the Doctrine forum with whatever question you have -- and go through them one at a time. People here have access to links of papers, books, etc. to also help you... and, unlike many other forums about LDS... you will not get the critics who twist, or misquote our doctrines, etc.

Thank you for your kind words Gardn Girl. The latest site I've been frequenting is the LDS congregation on foru.ms (formerly christianforus.com), it is not such a bad place and has some great LDS on it. It seems there are a few people there that think we lds have been deceived. So it is nice to see a site where we are welcomed and not considered a "cult".

Welcome, and I'm glad you're back...

from the beautiful central Oregon coast... The Garden Girl

Edit to add: I just read your "profile" and it told me absolutely nothing :D ... oh, one thing, I notice your local time is 12:25 so that means you're from the eastern area... I do know you're happily married with a lovely daughter and one on the way.... Is your wife a member? Where are you located generally? Care to share any other "general" type info? GG

I am from Florida, my wife is not a member and I attend the Brooksville Ward. It is a great ward, although I have not been attending very often. Last Sunday was the first time I had gone back in months. I've updated my profile :)

HI!!! You have to be the "narithias" who is on my buddy list at that other "foru.m"... :D

I am DougLDS over there. Great to see you here!!!!!